What's new

iOS on ASUS CT8 Mesh

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Joners

Occasional Visitor
I’ve got a couple of ASUS CT8 routers running in mesh. I seem to have poor link speed and throughput on newer iOS devices.

Testing from an iPhone 12 Pro Max and an iPhone 11 Pro I get an average speedtest of 40Mbps down. Testing from a M10t Lite and a Redmi 9 I max out my connection (120Mbps). All devices are tested in the same area, all connected to 5Ghz and connected to the same node.

Area there any recommendations for tweaking WiFi settings for iOS devices?

Just an update on my own post.

Firmware version 3.0.0.4.386.23003 released on 02/02/21 has fixed most of the performance issues i was seeing. Throughput on iOS devices has over doubled.

I just got notified of the new version and I'll update my 3-unit CT8 network tonight. Hoping for better stability overall!

Can confirm the new .23003 patch does improve speeds on my iPhone XS Max.

Was getting ~150mbps down before the update; after updating I'm getting nearly 400mbps.

I can't say the update brought me the overall stability I was looking for.

I'm going to default my main, and re-establish my mesh network and see if that fixes things. The mesh units make updating the main unit a real PITA if you have to default things.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!