What's new

IOS samba cannot write

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

bobyang

Regular Contributor
Hi,

I have no problem to write to the share drive in my Asus router by using windows, andriod and mac to read and write. However, my iphone can read but not write. When I tried to write I got the error of 100093.

After research, it seems the issue can be fixed by add "[global] vfs objects = acl_xattr catia fruit streams_xattrra " to the server. or install VFS modules, may I know where I can modify this?

thanks,

1650731381357.png

After research, it seems the issue can be fixed by add "[global] vfs objects = acl_xattr catia fruit streams_xattrra " to the server. or install VFS modules, may I know where I can modify this?
You can't. The router's version of Samba doesn't support VFS modules.

You can't. The router's version of Samba doesn't support VFS modules.
Samba daemon running on 386.5_2 is 3.6.25 released Feb 2015! Suggest you get something else (RPi4 if you can get one) to run a recent (currently 4.16.0) version of Samba to take advantage of the many improvements since then.

Samba daemon running on 386.5_2 is 3.6.25 released Feb 2015! Suggest you get something else (RPi4 if you can get one) to run a recent (currently 4.16.0) version of Samba to take advantage of the many improvements since then.

BTW, it's NOT that the developer doesn't want to support the latest and greatest. The problem is that Samba as currently implemented is a resource hog and no longer suitable for small, embedded systems. Not unless you're willing to limit it to older releases.

I totally agree! I do not blame the developer - my point is that if someone wants a Samba file server with all the bells & whistles, they need to get a device that is suitable for that.

Hi,

I have no problem to write to the share drive in my Asus router by using windows, andriod and mac to read and write. However, my iphone can read but not write. When I tried to write I got the error of 100093.

thanks,

View attachment 40963
Hello I have same issue.. i couldn’t write anything from my local iPad drive to hdd via asus router, but when you share your file with folder your problem will be solved . I hope this tip help u

Hello I have same issue.. i couldn’t write anything from my local iPad drive to hdd via asus router, but when you share your file with folder your problem will be solved . I hope this tip help u
Made an account just to thank you!! MVP

Replace built in smaba with entware samba. Did that a while ago to get encrypted SMB.

Replace built in smaba with entware samba. Did that a while ago to get encrypted SMB.
Can you update your other thread with what you did to get around the problems you were having. Thanks.

Also made an account just to thank you!