What's new

IoT Hue Lightbulb needs UPnP???

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Does he use an App?

If so, a bridge is required; if not, functionality is really limited:

You can turn your Hue bulbs on and off using the Hue dimmer switch, you can add up to 10 bulbs to this switch turning them on and off and dimming, however that is all. You cannot adjust the colors of the bulbs or turn them on or off from your phone.

HomeKit works fine without needing any “useless” apple devices except for out of home control. :)

But yeah, if you need that feature, HomeKit does require a “useless” device like an Appletv or a new enough iPad to act as a hub. Because Apple.
Well. I guess I am a little bitter. Bought a rev C ATV and found I really never used the thing. Then they added it as a Homekit "hub". Then out of nowhere Apple removed the feature in some firmware update.

Well. I guess I am a little bitter. Bought a rev C ATV and found I really never used the thing. Then they added it as a Homekit "hub". Then out of nowhere Apple removed the feature in some firmware update.

3rd gen ATV? Not the full features (specifically no automations, no remote access for shared users and no remote access to cameras) but it still works as a hub as I understand it.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!