What's new

iPerf results in bits/sec

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Just an update. I ordered the Meshify 2 XL. Should be here in a week or so. Once I get everything installed I'll post some pictures. I appreciate all the help and ideas.

One Idea I had is creating a Hyper-V vm and putting TrueNas Core on it to manage the drives in a raid 10. I'm not sure if Storage Spaces does Raid 10 or not.

I decided to keep it simple. I used eight 3tb drives and used storage spaces 2-way mirror. It gave me about 10tb of useable space. That's about triple the size of my current data. I figured, by the time I fill that up I'd probably have more drives or larger drives.

I used a Fractal Design Meshify 2 XL in storage mode. The smaller case is an NZXT H500i. Very nice case but to small. This Meshify 2 XL case is massive but works perfectly for my scenario. I decided a NAS isn't needed since I don't share files across the network or to other computers. Also, If I decide to run PLEX off my computer I have more resources than the NAS I had purchased.

I appreciate the help and the conversation. I definitely learned a lot.

Attachments

• Mesify2XL.png
    Mesify2XL.png
    818.4 KB · Views: 72
NZXT they look nice but they don't hold much if you're going for storage. Tons of mounts though on the Meshify series. Good airflow as well. Easy to work in and organize things.

Yea, I was surprised the NZXT held three 3.5 HDD's but airflow is poor with 1 top, 1 year and 2 front fans.

I loaded the Meshify with fans. I put my 280 cpu AIO on the top and put 3x140mm Arctic P14 fans. Then I put 3 more 140 P14's on the front. I kept the stock fan in the rear since I ran out of Arctic fans. It runs pretty cool with all the panels and covers on it. I really appreciate you recommending this case, I had no idea it could fit all these drives.

Yeah I put 6 x 140 P14 PSTs top/front and 2x120s on my cooler and another 120 on the back and it sits at room temp +/- 5 degrees.

Fractal has great cases and airflow. You'll be happy for a long time with it. They're built like tanks. I have some leftover P14 PSTs if you're interested in buying them just PM me.

Yea it does. I can feel the air getting pulled it and its very sturd. I love how it comes apart and makes building so much easier. It's great.

I appreciate the offer, I get them in 5 packs on Amazon. I just need to order another set to replace the rest and some on my kids PC.