What's new

iPhone 13 Pro slow Wi-Fi 6 speed

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

How were you holding it? :D

How were you holding it? :D
phone was vertical in my dock same testing location I always use 5 feet form the AP. tested my laptop at teh same distance and still getting close to 800Mbps.

5 feet is too close to be testing today's wireless routers and/or client devices. The RF design requires at least double the distance to have properly/fully formed waves. This is based on observations, since the RT-N66U Dark Night heydays.

5 feet is too close to be testing today's wireless routers and/or client devices. The RF design requires at least double the distance to have properly/fully formed waves. This is based on observations, since the RT-N66U Dark Night heydays.
I tried at multiple locations 600Mbps is the maximum I am getting.

maybe it slow because of your test server or your wireless setting.. that speed is like just my iphone X to XT8 node

DSC_08139.jpg

I've noted this as well. Any speed testing done on wifi gets better speed in my bedroom next to the office than it does in the office where the router is located.

I am thinking the iPhone 13 Wi-Fi driver is still in debug mode in IOS 15 the phone also gets very hot after multiple tests.

I am thinking the iPhone 13 Wi-Fi driver is still in debug mode in IOS 15 the phone also gets very hot after multiple tests.
I hope it will get solved after an update.. Im also planning to get one..

Did you try setting the router to a 160MHz wide channel?
Could also be the usual compatibility issues you get from time to time where a driver update or two are needed before some devices play nice with some routers.
I mean, Intel is still having issues with various bits of hardware, so why wouldn't Apple?
Apparently 15.1 is on the way

Did you try setting the router to a 160MHz wide channel?
Could also be the usual compatibility issues you get from time to time where a driver update or two are needed before some devices play nice with some routers.
I mean, Intel is still having issues with various bits of hardware, so why wouldn't Apple?
Apparently 15.1 is on the way
Business class AP can only go up to 80Mhz wide. I have done this test before and just pointing out that the iPhone 13 is slower than it should be.

Hard to tell... that model is pretty fresh, and iOS 15.0 is as well.

When the iPhone 13 is fresh out of the box, do the system update to get to the general availability release (19A346). The factory build is not a public release that other models use.

When comparing to other iPhones, make sure they're all on the same iOS release.

Hard to tell... that model is pretty fresh, and iOS 15.0 is as well.

When the iPhone 13 is fresh out of the box, do the system update to get to the general availability release (19A346). The factory build is not a public release that other models use.

When comparing to other iPhones, make sure they're all on the same iOS release.
I already did that it is on the public release.

If you didn't solve your problem I have a tip. If you transferred your iPhone from a previous iPhone, then forget the network and rejoin. That fixed this issue for me immediately today.
I did a network reset on the iPhone 13 pro IOS 15.0.1 and still can not get over 600Mbps throughput on iPerf. The 2x2 Wi-Fi 6 laptop sitting right next to it is getting 800Mbps using 80Mhz mode.

I did a network reset on the iPhone 13 pro IOS 15.0.1 and still can not get over 600Mbps throughput on iPerf. The 2x2 Wi-Fi 6 laptop sitting right next to it is getting 800Mbps using 80Mhz mode.
When you rejoin the network, try disabled the private address.

When you rejoin the network, try disabled the private address.
tried it still only 600Mbps and phone gets warm I am going to wait for a major IOS update and report back.

tried it still only 600Mbps and phone gets warm I am going to wait for a major IOS update and report back.
Already got my 13 Pro Max

I think you are right.. Hard to get over 600Mbps for download speed.. ignore my upload speed as it is already maximum.. and after I put BlackShark cooler at the back, it becomes easy to surpass 700Mbps..

I can conclude that the speed maybe slow to avoid overheat.. Hope the update after this can overcome this problem..

DSC_08219.jpg

Already got my 13 Pro Max

I think you are right.. Hard to get over 600Mbps for download speed.. ignore my upload speed as it is already maximum.. and after I put BlackShark cooler at the back, it becomes easy to surpass 700Mbps..

I can conclude that the speed maybe slow to avoid overheat.. Hope the update after this can overcome this problem..

View attachment 36671
My iPhone 13 was initially hitting 800-850 after a network reset the first test or 2. But it is back to getting up to 750 and settling down around 650. My iPhone 11 was usually at 800ish. I think you may be right about the throttling. My phone definitely doesn’t need that much bandwidth. But, it is the fastest device I have to check how the WiFi is performing.