What's new

IPv6 Config with VLAN WAN

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

I imagine when that happens, it will be like Mario bros. Our data will just be popping in and out of pipelines all day. Mono-tone Mario music will be playing in the background.

Actually its funny, that's kinda how FIOS (and pretty much all FTTH) works - they send data for everyone sharing that fiber (up to 64 of them in theory, much less in practice) to your ONT, which has to discard everything that isn't intended for you. So we're gradually moving backwards and we'll all be on one massive worldwide hub (but at least it will be a full duplex hub) :D

Then to upload you have to wait until it is your turn to blink your diode, so no matter how much you hate your neighbor, you're actually playing nicely and sharing with them like a good citizen.

And i refuse to click on that as it will be stuck in my head for a week.

I have no ISP with VLAN requirements and don't know what the problem is. As usual people want to try IPv6, create an issue and then fight it for reasons I don't understand. I'm waiting for new AX86U firmware because IPv6 Native breaks thing in 22068 that used to work before. Testing become more and more time consuming and the list of things to check grows longer (more issues introduced) instead of shorter (problems solved). This is very disappointing and I don't even have the will to run the test firmware at the moment. @rlh - seriously, don't enable anything you don't need.
Yes... this is where I'm at right now I think. Even disabling IPv6 seemed to leave some remnants configured in the router that have been causing strange client issues, I have factory reset and left IPv6 disabled for now. I may revisit in the future if there is a better reason to use it, but right now its not worth it. Sorry to leave this unresolved!

Wondering if anyone has been able to get IPv6 working using a WAN connection that utilises VLAN? In my country, VLAN tagging with ID 10 is required on the WAN port, with the IP address set using DHCP? I have had a trawl through the forums here but was unable to find any configs that people had working!
Yes and no to your question (in my case). We have quite different setups, but there's still a little bit of commonality. Some brief details just FWIW. My ISP provides an IPv4&IPv6 (Dual Stack) 300Mbps Up and Down FTTH PPPoE service via their own GPON ONT Modem Router. By default, their supplied device is setup with a VLAN ID of 11 and it works fine, albeit it's much more setup limited compared to an Asus Router. To use my own Asus Router, I have to patiently re-config the ISP supplied device to run in bridge mode, which, includes changing its VLAN ID from 11 to 12. Once this is complete, everything works as expected and planned. IPv6 on my Asus Router is setup like this; Native / PPP / DCHP-PD / WAN Prefix Length: 56 / Lan Prefix Length: 64 / Stateless / Connect to DNS Server Automatically: Disable (custom DNS setup in use, including: IPv6 DNS Server 1 = LAN IPv6 Link Local Address, DNS-over-TLS, DNS Director configured to router, WAN: Use local DNS caching server as system resolver). Zero config on the GUI IPTV tab as it's not required (for my own setup / usage). I use WireGuard IPv4 & IPv6 VPN Clients (on any device on the LAN) as and when VPN is needed, because currently, there will be IPv6 DNS leaks if I use VPN Director, unless I disabled IPv6 on those LAN devices in advance. VPN Server has been updated to include IPv6, but VPN Director is still on the future-do-list AFAIK. dnscheck.tools is a very quick and useful 3rd party test (especially for the DNSSEC side). I used this tutorial just after it was 1st posted by @eibgrad It's mainly focused on IPv4, but other DNS leak tests that support IPv6 (there's many online test providers) do support the setup details in that tutorial. So VLAN yes but not in the same way you have described, hence the no, in terms of can you follow what somebody else is doing for your own VLAN setup.