What's new

YazFi Ipv6 subnets

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

@SomeWhereOverTheRainBow

I tried adding this:
Code:
pc_replace "dhcp-range=lan,::,constructor:br0,ra-stateless,64,600" "dhcp-range=lan,fdff:a37f:fa75:1::,constructor:br0,ra-stateless,64,600" $CONFIG
And confirmed that /etc/dnsmasq.conf now had:
Code:
dhcp-range=lan,fdff:a37f:fa75:1::,constructor:br0,ra-stateless,64,600

But when I tried to reconnect I couldn't anymore... after managing to remove the line and restart dnsmasq I checked the sys-log:
Code:
dnsmasq[28549]: prefix must be zero with "constructor:" argument at line 21 of /etc/dnsmasq.conf

So, this only works for the 64 suffix bits and not the prefix.

Tried again and change the prefix in the command to 56 and range ::1:0:0:0:0 - ::1:ffff:ffff:ffff:ffff

Code:
dhcp-range=lan,::1:0:0:0:0,::1:ffff:ffff:ffff:ffff,constructor:br0,ra-stateless,56,600

But now I learned from my mistake and checked syslog before reconnecting:
Code:
dnsmasq[26461]: prefix length must be at least 64 at line 21 of /etc/dnsmasq.conf

One final attempt:
Code:
dhcp-range=lan,::1:0:0:0,::1:ffff:ffff:ffff,constructor:br0,ra-stateless,64,600
Figuring I could use smaller subnets and it was atleast accepted by the system.

But it did not do any change. Adresses on br0 did not comply with the limited adress and wl1.2 still get br0 adresses.

Bummer...

This could possibly be because the lan prefix I entered in gui is 64... will try to change that to 48 tomorrow... I'm curious how the adresses gets arranged and may permit me to use the above command with 48 prefix and limit the range since SLAAC only needs the last 64 bits...
To let you know how I now deal with the contructor issue, I just completely remove its syntax.. e.g.

Code:
pc_replace "86400s" "infinite" $CONFIG
sed -i 's/^\(.*ra-stateless.*\),[0-9]\+$/\1,infinite/' $CONFIG
pc_replace "dhcp-range=lan,::,constructor:br0,ra-stateless,64,infinite" "dhcp-range=lan,fda8:b323:6212:3899::2,fda8:b323:6212:3899::500,slaac,ra-names,64,infinite" $CONFIG