What's new

IPV6 support for Comcast?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Morac

Hi. I haven’t used the official firmware for a few years, because originally when I got my RT-AC88U, IPV6 on Comcast was flakey with that firmware and would randomly stop working. I switched to the Merlin firmware which worked well. This was years ago. Merlin basically ended support so I’m wondering how well IPV6 works with Comcast on the official ASUS Firmware? Is it stable?

The only other issue I had with the official ASUS firmware was that the OpenVPN server didn’t work at all when trying to sign in from the iOS OpenVPN app with a certificate (I.e. not password). Does this work now?

Hi. I haven’t used the official firmware for a few years, because originally when I got my RT-AC88U, IPV6 on Comcast was flakey with that firmware and would randomly stop working. I switched to the Merlin firmware which worked well. This was years ago. Merlin basically ended support so I’m wondering how well IPV6 works with Comcast on the official ASUS Firmware? Is it stable?

The only other issue I had with the official ASUS firmware was that the OpenVPN server didn’t work at all when trying to sign in from the iOS OpenVPN app with a certificate (I.e. not password). Does this work now?
I have had mixed results with Comcast IPV6 but that is with static IPV4 addresses and four routers on a modem.
As for the OpenVPN on stock, it is the client. Use the Arne Schawbe OpenVPN client on Android and iOS and you will not have problems.

And keep using Merlin. It will be save to use for a long time!

And keep using Merlin. It will be save to use for a long time!

I’d prefer to, but without updates Merlin’s firmware will become a security risk. It actually already is as ASUS released a firmware to fix a remote code execution security flaw last week.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!