What's new

Irritating Network Problem

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

ormej01

New Around Here
I have a fairly straightforward home network, with an Intel MacMini, An XP based PC, and an Acer laptop running XP, and I also use an Apple Time Capsule for media storage.

I do not have a telephone line, but there is a general open wifi connection for the building so each of the PCs is connected to the Time Machine by Ethernet cable.

The problem: Whilst the MacMini is happy with this setup, when either of the PCs is connected to the Time Capsule by ethernet cable, the internet connection through the building wi-fi is no longer able to access the internet.

I know that all the hardware is working OK, but it is as if the PCs decide that they must access the internet only through the time capsule when it is connected. There must be an option to set this somewhere but I cannot find it. I would also like to better understand what the root causes of this problem are.

Many thanks,

John O
Angouleme, France.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!