What's new

is 14tb Easystore a shingled drive?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Twice_Shy

Occasional Visitor
I cannot find definitive information and don't know whether this detail even changes. (like where it wasn't when it first came out but might be now) Does anyone know or can anyone direct me to to where to find constantly updated data about which drives are PMR vs SMR?

Looks like CMR - but that could change...

Looks like CMR - but that could change...

thank you! :) i'll take a risk, though i wont be shucking it for awhile. is there another way to test a drive you already have to verify what you got without opening it?

I cannot find definitive information and don't know whether this detail even changes. (like where it wasn't when it first came out but might be now) Does anyone know or can anyone direct me to to where to find constantly updated data about which drives are PMR vs SMR?
CMR. I have over 10 of them. Shucking is easy. There is a funny thing that the drive speed can be different, 5400 or 7200. Random.:eek:
5400 is better than 7200 for NAS.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!