What's new

is 25 MB/s with qnap 459 PRO II normal ?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

daavidok

New Around Here
Hi fellas,

I have brand new Qnap NAS TS 459 PRO II. Connected via brand new CAT 6A SFTP cables to GigLan ROUTER SMCWGBR14. To same router have connected adsl modem and my desktop computer running win 7 64 bit with two lan cards integrated into asus motherboard. Integrated LAN are Marvel Yukon 88E8001/8003/8010 PCI Gigabit Ethernet and Marvel Yukon 88E8056 PCI E gigabit ethernet.

I setupmy qnap with two compatible (listed on qnap compatible HD list) Hard drives Hitachi 3TB.

The problem is Im getting upload speed only about 25 MB/sec with drives in RAID 1. If volume encrypted Im getting 14 MB/sec. I think those speed are really bad. I expected to squeeze out at least 80 MB/sec.

I even bypassed SMC router and connected qnap straight into my desktop PC but result is about same speed.

All CAT cables are max 2 meter long and as they are brand new and CAT 6A cables should not be problem.

Can somebody recommend me what to try , what can be problem, what can I do ?

thank u in advance for any tips...
Dave

You transferring lots of small files? Even that the number doesn't sound right.

I am guessing it is your Gigabit Ethernet Controller. Did you try using the PCI-E Port instead of the PCI one?

Thanks for reoply. NO Im trying on big vob video files. One file size is about 3 GB. To ensure Its not router/switch problem I bypassed it and connected straight to my PC lan slot but same results. To be ensure its not my PC prob I tried connest qnap straight to my notebook lan port ... same results. So dunno now... or does all integrated lan into motherboards have that bad quality and I need use dedcated lan card into pci-e slot ? Or maybe my qnap unit is faulty ?

Assuming the QNAP is not at fault (for now), have you tried using a different PC with a fast CPU and gigE?

What's the file system type on the QNAP?

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!