What's new

Is considering creating an anti-malware program for Asuswrt-Merlin firmware

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

but would meet a lot of the functional requirements...

And on home router tiny hardware you still end up here:

And on home router tiny hardware you still end up here:

Yep. But chances are you're not running full gigabit (with all of your devices supporting it) on a home network anyway, right?

There's always tradeoffs.

Chances are you are about to hit a wall even with 1GB RAM routers. I don't see the point. Asuswrt already offers some detection engine from TrendMicro, optimized to run on router hardware. For more you need to move to x86 firewall.

Chances are you are about to hit a wall even with 1GB RAM routers. I don't see the point. Asuswrt already offers some detection engine from TrendMicro, optimized to run on router hardware. For more you need to move to x86 firewall.

I think I mostly agree. I love that kind of challenge though. You must admit, the ability to tilt the information asymmetry of the attacker in your favour with anomalous behaviour detection and monitoring is seductive.

I run pfSense firewall. The ability to manipulate what average user doesn't know or understand is destructive.