What's new

Is it possible for media bridge to connect only to router instead of Aimesh node?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

grueber

Occasional Visitor
I have several media bridges constantly streaming video for several IP cameras. I would like the media bridge to connect only to the router instead of a closer Aimesh node.

I have the same question.

My old media bridge -> router setup yield 1300mbps connection. Got much less with the new AImesh setup. Removed 1 AImesh node and set it up as media bridge, but the media bridge connected only to the closest AImesh node, thus yielded slower throughout.

to connect directly to router in AiMesh setup, I think you'll need tri-band router

BTW, i get 300-400Mbps(DOWN) 30-40Mbps(UP) on nodes to ISP and 800-1100Mbps local, 1080p HD 29-30fps streaming is only 4-6Mbps and 15-25Mbps for 4K

for local streaming node to media bridge you should be fine with 30+ cameras ... to your NVR
but for internet upload you likely to hit your ISP limit first if you stream at full HD/fps and live