What's new

Is it stupid to buy a Draytek Vigor 2926 router?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flying Dutchman

Regular Contributor
I would like to know your opinion about the Draytek Vigor 2926 router (no WiFi).

I have two WAN connections (Ziggo and Tweak, both Dutch providers).
- Ziggo is a Docsis 3.1 connection (200 Mb/s)
- Tweak is a glass fiber connection (1 Gb/s)

I am only interested in a very safe non-wifi router with dual wan connection and at least 1x VPN.
It should also handle media streaming (TV over fiber) properly without loading all the LAN ports (IGMP-snooping?).
It should have at least 25 addresses for IP-MAC binding.
Last but not least it should receive regular security patches.

The above-mentioned router seems to fulfill all my requirements but I would like your expert opinion on it.
Maybe you can advise a better model/brand with a similar price tag (about 250 euro).

Thank you very much for your kind help.

Last edited:
Draytek routers are robust and reliable , if the specs are right you won't get better for that price tag.

it is stupid to buy a draytek router to buy as an ethernet router, they are the best modem routers for DSL.

As modems drayteks are very good. The best dual WAN router is not draytek but draytek integrates good modems which makes them worth buying in your case. Highly dependent on what you're looking for.

The modem part is set by the providers, so no choice in that.
It is really about the ROUTER only, no modem and no wifi in it.

Found this thread when googling on Draytek routers.

Which alternative do you suggest?

The thread is a year old and the answer given was a stupid one . The Vigor 2926 series is not a DSL router.

Status
Not open for further replies.