What's new

Is Merlin capable of bypassing transparent DNS proxy?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

The /jffs/scripts/ directory will normally be empty unless you have installed some third-party software.

As per the wiki, if you want a script to run on a certain event you have to use the exact file name associated with that event. In your case it's "nat-start" (there is no file extension and it is case sensitive). If you were to write your own general purpose scripts they can be called anything you like, however by convention they usually end in ".sh".

I have hopefully, done all that but for some reason my PC seems to work in that it allows me to access UK TV without the VPN but my Kodi media box and my Sky box don't. This is what I have put in. I am obviously missing something but do not know what.
upload_2019-4-12_17-44-2.png

upload_2019-4-12_17-44-34.png

You need to make the script executable. Right-click > Properties and then make the permissions 0755.
Untitled.png
Then reboot the router.

You are a magician, everything works perfectly. Funny thing is when I go the VPN site they have a link to check if the SmartDNS is working and it say's not, yet it obviously is. Not something I'll worry about for now though. Thank you so much for your help it's gone above and beyond what anyone could have expected. Regards