What's new

Skynet Is Skynet Still Actively Maintained?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.

AntonK

Very Senior Member
Is this script still maintained, updated, whatever the correct term is?

If so, does the AMTM "U" update command still pull any released updates?

Is this script still maintained, updated, whatever the correct term is?

If so, does the AMTM "U" update command still pull any released updates?
Yes, last update on Dec. 1,2020.

If any updates are published, amtm will detect them. It’s unfortunate that Adamm has withdrawn from the forums after insisting his success was tied to post counts and views. I do understand he had a new job at the end of 2020, so maybe he‘s legitimately busy.

Supporting a single thread is so much easier than reading/searching an entire forum that may or may have the correct keywords to search for. Verses a forum full of threads that state 'Skynet' as a passing reference, in some cases.

While I too wish he were here participating as before, I can understand his frustration at the arbitrary decision(s) that transpired.

Supporting a single thread is so much easier than reading/searching an entire forum that may or may have the correct keywords to search for. Verses a forum full of threads that state 'Skynet' as a passing reference, in some cases.

While I too wish he were here participating as before, I can understand his frustration at the arbitrary decision(s) that transpired.
Considering how many scripts I have and the number of threads I now reply on, it's really not that difficult. The forums provide a filter for a prefix at the top, filter by the script I want to catch up on today and off I go. Ultimately it seems like some people have put their own principles before the end users they support, so we have to live with that.

Considering how many scripts I have and the number of threads I now reply on, it's really not that difficult. The forums provide a filter for a prefix at the top, filter by the script I want to catch up on today and off I go. Ultimately it seems like some people have put their own principles before the end users they support, so we have to live with that.

Goes both ways - you could easily say same about the arbitrary change that caused all of this.

Ultimately it seems like some people have put their own principles before the end users they support, so we have to live with that.
CB9D1E2F-0F4A-404F-B88A-FE726D7ECA92.gif

o much easier than reading/searching an entire forum that may or may have the correct keywords to search for.
I agree, from the other side. There is a post here by someone gettting an error installing scribe, and I have a clear recollection (well, as clear as it gets) that this was associated with the updating of the libraries. But when I search "scribe" and libraries I get a bazillion messages that seem to have more to do with signatures than anything I'm looking for. But I did find and bookmark the original thread.

I consider this forum the textbook that I read from cover to cover every day (new posts only, of course).

I wish I could (write them), but I don't support any scripts I've written, nor does anyone really depend on me in these forums.

However, simply trying to help people has become harder. Needing to search for the thread where the idea came from. Needing to search for the thread where it is supported now, and needing to put it together in a logical way to present it in yet another thread. Yes, this is worse.

@Jack Yaz, I don't filter the posts (except by showing the 'new') and I couldn't guess what to search/read without reading each post anyway. People come here for help and may not know the keywords we would normally use, they would all be skipped if I just searched for what I want to read.

Here is the link I use to come to this forum: snbForums

Reading the entire forums is far easier to me than any of the workarounds I have seen on this topic. But where it would take me a few minutes to catch up with the current questions/queries, it now takes hours (spread over the entire day).

I, along with anyone else, may easily recall that a similar question/concern was previously raised a page or two back in a specific thread (and can direct someone quickly to a narrow focus of search for the pertinent information). Trying to do the same with multiple threads all on the same or related topics is exponentially harder.

I've made my choice and have decided to continue participating as, and when, I can. My job makes that choice much easier too though.

I also understand that everyone's situation is different and most likely not even close to what I can imagine. I can respect their decisions too.

Status
Not open for further replies.