What's new

Is the Netgear WNDR3700 right for me???

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

smokinu

New Around Here
Aloha Everyone.

Well the time has come to look for a new router. My old Belkin is starting to be more trouble than its worth with having to reset it every other day. Also the wife got a wii and the Belkin will not work with it or my xbox except for a few minutes. So Time for me to upgrade my friends.

I have read about the netgear WNDR3700 and I believe that it would work for me however I did read a couple post about it having issues with NAS. I am not sure if it is troughput problems but I am concidering buying a Netgear Stora (for media) and a seperate NAS (for backups). To make things easier to read I will list the stuff I would want it to suppoort below.

1. Xbox360
2. Wii
3. Gaming Desktop
4. Laptop
5. Netgear Stora
6. NaS
7. Networked printer hooked to NAS
My wife is a huge Netflix junkie and I game a bit online. I have also started getting into small time photo/video editing (trying to learn lol) and I live in hawaii, so I have alot of scenary to shoot and share with family back in the mainland. So I would want it to be able to work heavy with media (as much as wireless can) but also availability to work without too much headache.

So I am not a network guru but I am in the IT field (InfoSec) however I have never supported wireless in a work environment and my home network has always been pretty meak. Therefore I come to community here at SNB. Does all think the netgear WNDR3700 is for me? If not where should I look.

Mahalo

Aloha, to you too! :D

Well it seem popular enough to get the job done. Rated high on test freaks! Make sure whoever you buy it from you can get a full refund just in case you're not happy with it? SNB has a lot of details on the performance of this router. I am just using the second best on the SNB Router Chart list here EnGenius ESR-9850 to manage 24 nodes. But I am still testing it though.

Last edited:

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!