What's new

Is this too close?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

royarcher

Very Senior Member
I know the photo I attached doesn't really tell you how close they are but the AC 68 U ( running express VPN firmware) is about 1.5 feet higher and 2 feet apart from the AC 88 U ( running stock firmware at the moment)
Is this to close,we don't use either of them wirelessly very much mostly wired,if it makes any difference??
I haven't had any issues it's just that I recently purchased a pair of those little fans for the back of the AC 68 U and when I put them on it I thought hmmmm area they to close to each other??
Does it matter?

Attachments

• 16686669436891497229105870585798.jpg
    16686669436891497229105870585798.jpg
    52.8 KB · Views: 83
I've got 2 routers that are in a similar config, maybe an extra foot or so apart and it works for us.
Are you seeing any issues when using this setup? Reach decreased or slowdowns / disconnects? If not, I say use it even if perhaps not ideal.

If the radios are both on the same control channel and bandwidth, they are too close. When they are both used near max throughput limits.

Yes, that is the reason. :)

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!