What's new

Issues after upgrading to 386.12_x AC88U

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Control channel 64 is in DFS range. Use 36-48 or 149-161 (if available) only and test again.

Does this same router work properly on latest available stock Asuswrt firmware? I know it's EoL model, but for testing purposes.
Hi, So I re-flashed 386.12_6 back on and ran a factory reset, added the ISP and Wifi settings, left 5Ghz wifi at default settings after 20mins no SSID was showing, I checked and by default the DFS was ticked so it was using Channel 100 , so as you suggested Ive tested on a couple of channels 44 & 48, which got the 5Ghz accessible again, which is weird why on .11 and previous firmware Auto mostly used either channel 64 or 100 and was accessible from my devices.

Is this a hardware issue or incompatible with the newer firmware?

I havent used an Asus stock firmware for a couple of years, but I will try that also

I don't know what your specific issue is. What I know for sure - DFS range is not guaranteed. Any detected radar comminication will interrupt your Wi-Fi.

I don't know what your specific issue is. What I know for sure - DFS range is not guaranteed. Any detected radar comminication will interrupt your Wi-Fi.
Thanks for your help getting Wifi working again, weird that it has worked on previous versions, maybe its time I upgraded the old router :)

You may have a change in Wi-Fi enviromnent you didn't know about. A new or more active than before military radar, for example.