What's new

Issues with Tablo

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

jrmtz85

Regular Contributor
Hi there,

I'm having issues with my Tablo Dual 64GB. For some reason, it's not pulling the guide data for the channels I've selected. When I first set it up back in March, everything worked great, but for the last 2 months or so, it hasn't been able to update. I've swapped many emails with their support over this, with them trying out many things, and getting me to try many things. I've tried with both Skynet and Diversion disabled, and I even got the IP for their guide update server and whitelisted it, just in case and no-go. Have tried several factory resets of the Tablo, and nada.

However, a few days ago, I decided to re-setup the device using the hotspot on my phone, and lo and behold, everything was great! Now, putting it back on my network (always wired), it has stopped pulling the data again. I guess this finally tells me the problem is on my network, on either my router, or my ISP (Spectrum).

Any thoughts on what else I could try to narrow it down?

Thanks!

I had the same issue. I ended up having to turn off DNS over TLS. I'm not sure why though. There are 2 domains that get resolved internal to tablo. I ran a logger and saw both were properly resolved out to their respective IP. Turning off the DNS over TLS fixed it and I didn't pursue further.

Holy crap, you were right! After literal weeks, that'a all it was! The problem now, is figuring out how to exclude the Tablo from DOT since I definitely don't want my entire network off it.

I feel the pain. I went through it. The problem seemed to start after a firmware update by tablo. From dnsmasq, it looked like the domains were resolved properly. If you find the answer, please follow up.

I use a tablo also and have no issue but wanted to provide more information to this thread. I was using Unbound but have now gone back to using DNS over TLS. The two IPs I use are provided by cloudflare and show no issue. DNS Sec turned off.... I believe if you want to keep DNS over TLS you could add the tablo unit in the DNS filter section under the LAN section. There choose the table unit and add the DNS server ips in the custom section. Then assign the custom section to the table device below.

I use a tablo also and have no issue but wanted to provide more information to this thread. I was using Unbound but have now gone back to using DNS over TLS. The two IPs I use are provided by cloudflare and show no issue. DNS Sec turned off.... I believe if you want to keep DNS over TLS you could add the tablo unit in the DNS filter section under the LAN section. There choose the table unit and add the DNS server ips in the custom section. Then assign the custom section to the table device below.

Thank you, I will try this. For now, since I'd updated when I briefly turned off DoT, i'll have to wait a few days to see if the guide empties again.

Just wanted to update that the DNS Filter suggestion seems to have worked. Just went through the guide again, and see it's fully populated, which means it's been updating successfully since I applied the change. Thanks for helping with that!

Just wanted to update that the DNS Filter suggestion seems to have worked. Just went through the guide again, and see it's fully populated, which means it's been updating successfully since I applied the change. Thanks for helping with that!
Awesome! Glad it worked for you.