What's new

jffs errors on AC86U

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Jack Yaz

Part of the Furniture
Hi all,

My log seems to be getting spammed by the below message. Router operation appears ago, so what's going on - should I be concerned?

Code:
Aug 31 12:38:15 kernel: jffs2: Data CRC 28b42e69 != calculated CRC b167a4df for node at 00388e04
Aug 31 12:38:15 kernel: jffs2: read_cache_page() returned error: -5
Aug 31 12:38:15 kernel: jffs2: Error garbage collecting node at 00388e04!

Thanks. At a guess it sounds memory related, but I don't know. Could it be related to the swap file?

Attempted a reboot and it didn't come back up Luckily the wife is asleep and hasn't noticed yet, half an hour til I'm home to see what it's done...

Seems OK after a reboot. Took the opportunity to redo my USB partitions from ext4 to ext2 (except entware, need to tar it for backup with permissions first) and increase swap from 384 to 1.5GB (overkill but had the space on drive to spare)

Hi, I have exactly the same error on my RT-AC68U. Today it happened the second time to me. First time I just noticed that whatever I changed in the AsusWebUI, after refreshing the webpage it was all reverted again as if I haven't done anything. I tried several times and decided to reboot the router, resulting in the router unable to boot. After resseting the router I had everything working fine for a while, and today it happened again, but this time i tried to find out what's going on before rebooting. I haven't seen any errors in the log, but I could observe a 100% of CPU usage on one core, wich with top showed that it was all IO related. Just in case I selected the option to format JFFS after reboot, in case I end up locked out of the router. At some point the whole httpd crashed, and after trying to copy all I had in JFFS using SSH, even sshd died at some point. I restarted the router and it booted with a clean JFFS partition. I restored a previus JFFS partition as before and everything seems to be working properly again.

I thought that my JFFS partition is breaking due to wearout, so I'm using this (https://www.snbforums.com/threads/jffs-usb-offloading.24884/) to mount the JFFS partition on a USB drive, so far so good.

I'm on the latest 384.6 version of the AsusWRT-Merlin firmware, and the first time this happened was on exactly this version. Could this be caused by some bug in the firmware? Never had this happen before.

My log seems to be getting spammed by the below message. Router operation appears ago, so what's going on - should I be concerned?

JFFS just doing housekeeping - it might be alarming since it's in the syslog, just something to note.

If one isn't running external repo's mounting into that space, nothing to worry about...

JFFS just doing housekeeping - it might be alarming since it's in the syslog, just something to note.

If one isn't running external repo's mounting into that space, nothing to worry about...
What worried me was it was logged every 1s for 6+ hours until I rebooted. Router function appeared to be working fine, so may be a case of turning down logging? My log levels are the defaults though.

What worried me was it was logged every 1s for 6+ hours until I rebooted. Router function appeared to be working fine, so may be a case of turning down logging? My log levels are the defaults though.

Once or twice - nothing to worry about - more than that, maybe keep an eye on things - but my thoughts is that JFFS is doing what it does...

Hi,

In my case this error was solved after configure corectly the VPN Server 1.

Thank you!