What's new

JFFS Full

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

I managed to export the culprit file and convert it to .jpg. :)
It seems that I have the exact problem as the guy I mentioned above, and that it's always related to Netgear products.

Attachments

• 04a15122f890.jpg
    04a15122f890.jpg
    1.5 KB · Views: 190
I managed to export the culprit file and convert it to .jpg. :)
It seems that I have the exact problem as the guy I mentioned above, and that it's always related to Netgear products.
If that's just one very large file, maybe creating a small file with the same name without write permission will help keep the file from growing.

If that's just one very large file, maybe creating a small file with the same name without write permission will help keep the file from growing.
How can I do that? (denying write permission) Or can I just delete the file permanently? I didn't upload it, I think it uploaded on its own.

How can I do that? (denying write permission) Or can I just delete the file permanently? I didn't upload it, I think it uploaded on its own.
I think I might be wrong in saying file without write permission will help.
Usually, you create an empty file with the same name by running touch aabbcc000000.log, and revoke write privilege by chmod a-w aabbcc000000.loc. ("a-w" means removes write from all)
But since everything is run as root on the router, I don't think this would work, since root is not bound by permissions in most cases.

I think I might be wrong in saying file without write permission will help.
Usually, you create an empty file with the same name by running touch aabbcc000000.log, and revoke write privilege by chmod a-w aabbcc000000.loc. ("a-w" means removes write from all)
But since everything is run as root on the router, I don't think this would work, since root is not bound by permissions in most cases.
I think I'll just leave it alone, as it's not causing any harm to my internet experience. :(

I just installed merlin on my ac-86u yesterday, did a factory reset, after a while this message popped up.

Your router is running low on free JFFS storage, which might affect its stability.
Review the content of the /jffs directory on your router.

Should I do something, or just keep it that way?

I found that the TrafficAnalyzer.db and nc (Notification Center) were taking up the space. I have TA turned off but it kept the old data when I was testing it. I went into /jffs./.sys and deleted both from there.

Hope that helps. ... also, 'du' in any directory will tell you what is taking the space :) f

I found that the TrafficAnalyzer.db and nc (Notification Center) were taking up the space. I have TA turned off but it kept the old data when I was testing it. I went into /jffs./.sys and deleted both from there.

Hope that helps. ... also, 'du' in any directory will tell you what is taking the space :) f
Yeah, I already deleted TA’s folder. The one taking space is the Netgear extenders I have on, but I might just turn them off.

On the GUI, there's a trashcan icon on TA's page so you don't need to ssh into the router to do all the work.
tl0X8m+

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!