What's new

Just bought a new router, but lag issues

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Fizzy_Amp

Occasional Visitor
Is there anything i can fix with because i bought a new router from few weeks ago? I've noticed Speedtest.net telling me the result that i have few dropped and went back to normal level until almost at the end, it shown speed holding few second before completed. I can't handle to play my game console myself. :(

I'm having a problem figuring out what the problem is:

1. A "few dropped" whats?

2. "Normal level" of what?

3. What does "I can't handle to play my game console myself." mean?

4. Is this wireless or wired?

It really isn't clear (to me, anyways) what your specific problem is, not enough words or details to tell what you're experiencing.

Can you please fill in what the problem is, what you've tried already to fix it, what firmware you're using, etc. More information would really help you to get a response.

Thanks.

I use wireless for my game consoles, often i use my device as well. The result came from Speedtest.net, when my speed went flickering kind of, like dropped something it has stop running until two or three seconds, back up normally. I took a screenshot this one, http://imgur.com/54bEEpo. I kept reboot my router like three times for today and nothing works to stop "flickering".

Last edited:
First thing is to determine if the issue is really related to wireless, or with your modem/ISP. Do a few tests from a wired computer first to compare results.

A good test to run is netalyzr.

Run netalyzr when connected directly to your modem. Then run it while connected via ethernet to your Asus router. Then run it while connected to wireless.

Check for network buffering (uplink), latency, etc...

If you have wireless problems then check inssider or use 20 Mhz and change channel.

http://netalyzr.icsi.berkeley.edu/

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!