What's new

Just bought AX6000, when WAN works, admin page won't open

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

synthesis91

New Around Here
Hi guys,

I just received AX6000, set it up and discovered that as soon as WAN is connected (internet works perfectly fine), asus admin page (either via IP or router.asus.com) won't open, and says server not found. The admin page can immediately be connected if WAN is disconnected.

Using either Ethernet or WiFi doesn't change the outcome. Happens on any browsers used on the PC or on my phone.

However, if using Android app for ASUS routers, the app works.

Happens on both ASUS factory firmware, and on Merlin, factory reset many times.

Is this a normal or known behavior, or did I get a lemon and should get a replacement?

Thanks for your help!

Sounds like you might have a conflicting network address on your WAN interface. Do you know what IP address the device connected to the router's WAN is meant to be giving to your router?

If you don't know you could just try changing the router's LAN network to something like 192.168.22.1 / 255.255.255.0 and seeing if that works.

Hey, thank you for your fast response! I didn't think of that possibility as my previous ASUS router didn't have this issue. I changed LAN network IP like you suggested and now I can access the page again. :D

Unfortunately, trying to access via router.asus.com web-address still doesn't work, but since I can access it now via IP, I think it doesn't matter too much since rest of the system works fine.

Thanks! Have a great weekend :)

Hey, thank you for your fast response! I didn't think of that possibility as my previous ASUS router didn't have this issue. I changed LAN network IP like you suggested and now I can access the page again. :D
That's good news. What WAN IP address are you seeing in the router's Network Map? Is it something like 192.168.1.x or 192.168.50.x that would cause a conflict?

Unfortunately, trying to access via router.asus.com web-address still doesn't work, but since I can access it now via IP, I think it doesn't matter too much since rest of the system works fine.
router.asus.com is only resolvable if your PC is using the router as its DNS server. So if, for example, you changed the DNS settings under LAN - DHCP Server, or are using a VPN, that won't work.

Thanks! Have a great weekend :)
You too.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!