What's new

know the mac address of wan

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

karateca

Regular Contributor
Hi i need help with this. I need know the mac address of my router, cuz my isp if dont know if i have the default router cut the internet of my router. so i need clone this. i think for that i lose the connection witch my isp. so i must put the mac address of my wan i think. thx for the help.

The MAC address of the router is printed on its label and also on the box that it came in.

hi, yes must be, but even with that restart. I read in forum some vodafone routers the label Not applicable with the mac of device, for that my question.

hi, yes must be, but even with that restart. I read in forum some vodafone routers the label Not applicable with the mac of device, for that my question.

You're asking how to locate the MAC of your vodafone router in the Asus Merlin forum?

Do you mean the modem or router? I assume you have a Vodafone Modem and Asus Router.

Do you mean the modem or router? I assume you have a Vodafone Modem and Asus Router.

They want to swap their own router in place of the Vodafone one and have their ISP not know, thus cloning the MAC of the ISP router to the Asus.

hi, i need to know the mac address of wan. For cloning in the router asus.

hi, i need to know the mac address of wan. For cloning in the router asus.

Take the ISP supplied router (I'm assuming it isn't a modem also? You need it if so), look on it, there should be a label that says what the WAN MAC is. Copy that exactly into the WAN screen on the asus. Then you're done.

There may be other MACs listed, you specifically want the one that says WAN.

Worst case, plug the ISP router WAN into a LAN port on your Asus (don't connect the asus to the internet yet). Go into network map, you'll see the MAC, copy and paste it onto the WAN screen.

I read in forum some vodafone routers the label Not applicable with the mac of device, for that my question.
What you are asking for help with is not clear.
Are you asking how to find the MAC address of an Asus router?
Or are you asking how to find the MAC address of a Vodafone router or some other device like a modem or network gateway?
Do you want to clone some other device's MAC address in the Asus router's GUI?

Generally the MAC address for a network device like a router or gateway is printed somewhere on the outside of the device, usually on the bottom where there usually is a product label that contains the device serial number and model/product information.

Take the ISP supplied router (I'm assuming it isn't a modem also? You need it if so), look on it, there should be a label that says what the WAN MAC is. Copy that exactly into the WAN screen on the asus. Then you're done.

There may be other MACs listed, you specifically want the one that says WAN.

Worst case, plug the ISP router WAN into a LAN port on your Asus (don't connect the asus to the internet yet). Go into network map, you'll see the MAC, copy and paste it onto the WAN screen.
hi, yes that was i needed, but finally i have the mac address of the router of isp. but i have the lose connection, and i think its because the igmp, cuz when its not set the tv, wont disconnect.

hi, yes that was i needed, but finally i have the mac address of the router of isp. but i have the lose connection, and i think its because the igmp, cuz when its not set the tv, wont disconnect.

IGMP snooping can interfere with IPTV sometimes. You need to get the Multicast/IPTV settings setup in the router just right - typically if you google your ISP's IPTV settings you can find what you should be using.

Assume you dial to ISP on Asuswrt. You can run this command in the Asuswrt shell:

nvram show | grep hwaddr

In the result, you can find :
wan0_hwaddr=
wan0_hwaddr_x=
wan1_hwaddr=
wan1_hwaddr_x=
wan_hwaddr=
wan_hwaddr_x=

Not sure if you are using dual WAN, if no, the wan0_hwaddr and wan_hwadd are the same, that is the WAN MAC address.

If you want to know your ISP's MAC address, run this command in the Asuswrt shell:

cat /tmp/wan0_ppp.env

It shows "MACREMOTE="

Assume you dial to ISP on Asuswrt. You can run this command in the Asuswrt shell:

nvram show | grep hwaddr

In the result, you can find :
wan0_hwaddr=
wan0_hwaddr_x=
wan1_hwaddr=
wan1_hwaddr_x=
wan_hwaddr=
wan_hwaddr_x=

Not sure if you are using dual WAN, if no, the wan0_hwaddr and wan_hwadd are the same, that is the WAN MAC address.

If you want to know your ISP's MAC address, run this command in the Asuswrt shell:

cat /tmp/wan0_ppp.env

It shows "MACREMOTE="

None of those would tell them the WAN MAC of the ISP router. They already found it based on previous suggestions.