What's new

LAN Switch Control

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

BeachGuy

Regular Contributor
My PC has two NICs (ethernet ports) each 1Gbps. I have combined them in Windows using PowerShell NetSwitchTeam into one (running 2Gbps). I see the feature switch control "Bonding/ Link aggregation". I've enabled that and plugged each ethernet cable into port 1 and port 2 on the router but I see the following in the log file. I am trying to run these combined effeciently. Do I have this setup correctly or is this not the intended purpose?

May 5 01:05:20 kernel: eth1 (Int switch port: 0) (Logical Port: 0) (phyId: 1) Link Up at 1000 mbps full duplex
May 5 01:05:21 kernel: eth3 (Int switch port: 2) (Logical Port: 2) (phyId: 3) Link Up at 100 mbps full duplex
May 5 01:05:23 kernel: eth2 (Int switch port: 1) (Logical Port: 1) (phyId: 2) Link Up at 1000 mbps full duplex
May 5 01:05:34 kernel: eth0 (Int switch port: 5) (Logical Port: 5) (phyId: 11) Link Up at 2500 mbps full duplex
Aug 24 06:06:12 kernel: bond0: Error: Device is in use and cannot be enslaved
Aug 24 06:06:12 kernel: bond0: option slaves: unable to set because the bond device is up
Aug 24 06:06:12 kernel: bond0: Error: Device is in use and cannot be enslaved
Aug 24 06:06:12 kernel: bond0: option slaves: unable to set because the bond device is up

You're wasting your time. First this option is flaky on home routers and second you are not getting 2Gbps with any single connection. This is not how link aggregation works. If you want 2.5GbE LAN you need 2.5GbE switch and devices with 2.5GbE NICs connected to it.

You're wasting your time. First this option is flaky on home routers and second you are not getting 2Gbps with any single connection. This is not how link aggregation works. If you want 2.5GbE LAN you need 2.5GbE switch and devices with 2.5GbE NICs connected to it.
ok thanks