What's new

Latest update 3.0.0.4.386_41249 messed up the AiProtection Time Scheduling.

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

drblack

Occasional Visitor
Since updated to the latest firmware: 3.0.0.4.386_41249, the Time Scheduling has been not working. I used this feature a lot to schedule my kids' devices, right now the feature is not working at all. Also noticed the internet signal is not as stable as before. Does anyone have a similar issue like mine?

Welcome, @drblack, what model router? From which firmware version did you upgrade? Have you ever done a full reset to factory defaults?

Welcome, @drblack, what model router? From which firmware version did you upgrade? Have you ever done a full reset to factory defaults?
Appears to be the AX88U

Yes, it's AX88U. I try to avoid resetting the device without actually trying to fix the issue by Asus. There's another issue: if I unplug the USB drive from the router, then plugin again, the default folder is automatically renamed. As result, I can't use FTP and Samba anymore.

Since updated to the latest firmware: 3.0.0.4.386_41249, the Time Scheduling has been not working. I used this feature a lot to schedule my kids' devices, right now the feature is not working at all. Also noticed the internet signal is not as stable as before. Does anyone have a similar issue like mine?

I have not tried the scheduling, but I found that firmware to be unstable and unusable. It was the first firmware I ran, since my 66U B1's were brand new. I was using them with AiMesh, set to emit the Guest Network from the router and the node.

So, I dropped back to the 3.0.0.4.385_20633 firmware. It does not emit the Guest network from the node. Things were still unstable. Then I ran a wifi analyzer (Netspot on Mac OS). It showed--to my shock--that both the router and the node used the SAME channels for 5GHz and the SAME channels for 2.4GHz. The main and guest networks also used the SAME channels. The router and node were interferring with each other.

With AiMesh on, I could find no way to set different channels on the router versus the node.

So, I turned off AiMesh and set up the node as an access point. I then manually set non-overlapping channels on the router and access point. Now everything works perfectly, though thre Guest network does not emit from the access point.

the Time scheduling not working might have something to do with DST not working. or maybe the other way around. something is funky about the time in this version.

my observation is that the router can sync time properly using an NTP server and a given time zone. but DST is just not working. they must have broken something in this version because after i rolled back to 384.9579, DST is now working properly again.

the Time scheduling not working might have something to do with DST not working. or maybe the other way around. something is funky about the time in this version.

my observation is that the router can sync time properly using an NTP server and a given time zone. but DST is just not working. they must have broken something in this version because after i rolled back to 384.9579, DST is now working properly again.
I tested it and it's not related to DST. I make a full-day block on schedule, my device can still access the internet. Only if I completely block Internet access from the "network map", then that device will lose the connection.

Maybe to do with that? Got an unasked email from Asus today:

Dear Valued Customer,

Thanks for sending us feedback! To improve user experience on ASUS router, we would like to provide a piece of extra and important information related to Parental Control/Family features. Based on our back-end stats and user feedback, settings on your devices might have impact on services related to network and scheduler management. If you encounter issues when using these services, please help to check the following configurations firstly.
  1. If your devices are running operating system later than iOS 14 or Android 10, please check your MAC randomization settings. Enable MAC randomization might lead to certain services not working as expected. For more details, please check this FAQ
  2. If you have encountered issues with Time Scheduler (Parental Control/Family), Wi-Fi Scheduler, and Reboot Scheduler, please check your router’s system date, time, and time zone. If it doesn't show the correct information, follow the steps below to change manually. The above features might not work as configured if the system time is incorrect.
    1. Navigate to Web GUI (https://router.asus.com) and login
    2. Check your System Time at Advanced Settings -> System Log -> General Log -> System Time
    3. If your system time is incorrect, please check your time zone settings at Advanced Settings -> Administration-> System-> Time Zone. You can change it if it is not in the correct time zone.

*Please do not reply to this email, as we are unable to respond from this address.
*If encounter any issue, please submit another Feedback form via Web UI or Router app.

Sincerely,
ASUS Team

Dear Valued Customer,
Thanks for sending us feedback! To improve user experience on ASUS router, we would like to provide a piece of extra and important information related to Parental Control/Family features. Based on our back-end stats and user feedback, settings on your devices might have impact on services related to network and scheduler management. If you encounter issues when using these services, please help to check the following configurations firstly.

1. If your devices are running operating system later than iOS 14 or Android 10, please check your MAC randomization settings. Enable MAC randomization might lead to certain services not working as expected. For more details, please check this FAQ
  2. If you have encountered issues with Time Scheduler (Parental Control/Family), Wi-Fi Scheduler, and Reboot Scheduler, please check your router’s system date, time, and time zone. If it doesn't show the correct information, follow the steps below to change manually. The above features might not work as configured if the system time is incorrect.
    1. Navigate to Web GUI (https://router.asus.com) and login
    2. Check your System Time at Advanced Settings -> System Log -> General Log -> System Time
    3. If your system time is incorrect, please check your time zone settings at Advanced Settings -> Administration-> System-> Time Zone. You can change it if it is not in the correct time zone.

*Please do not reply to this email, as we are unable to respond from this address.
*If encounter any issue, please submit another Feedback form via Web UI or Router app.

Sincerely,
ASUS Team

Attachments

• EN_Timezone.png
    EN_Timezone.png
    307.5 KB · Views: 179
  • EN_SystemTime.png
    EN_SystemTime.png
    549.1 KB · Views: 182
Thanks for the information, tallytr. Actually, I've checked that since the upgrade. My timezone and system time are all correct. The scheduling is just not working at all.

Is that ok to rollback to the older firmware? I just downloaded the firmware from Asus website Version 3.0.0.4.384.9579

Latest FW 3.0.0.4.386_41249 has been removed by ASUS from their AX88U page for now

Latest FW 3.0.0.4.386_41249 has been removed by ASUS from their AX88U page for now
To be truthful, not the first time this happened, me thinking they don't want everybody to upgrade just yet, just us early thrill seekers :)

The 386_40xxx firmwares were a bit quirky. My own RT-AX88U had video buffering issues with my tablet, which seems to finally be resolved with 386_41535. So there are good chances I think that that will be the next release for that model.

Guest Network is still partly broken in that release however.

Hi Drblack, can you share your time scheduling GUI for defining the time blocks?

The 386_40xxx firmwares were a bit quirky. My own RT-AX88U had video buffering issues with my tablet, which seems to finally be resolved with 386_41535. So there are good chances I think that that will be the next release for that model.

Guest Network is still partly broken in that release however.

Is this the same version your Merlin-Beta is based on?

Is this the same version your Merlin-Beta is based on?

Beta 3 was based off 386_41350 or 386_41035, I can't remember. Beta 4 will be based off 386_41535.

"Seems the latest release 3.0.0.4.386_41700 fixed the issue"

I take it back. It DIDN'T fix the issue.

Last edited:

Try to delete both preset Schedules Weekdays and Weekend(s) and then add new Offtime schedule and configure time periods as you wish and then apply it. This method worked for me.
Previously I don't encounter this issue. I have send them a feedback, I hope they will fix it next update.

1638026216754.png

Regards,
Yahya

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!