What's new

Layer 2 switch won't forward traffic

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

dellpe

New Around Here
I have a very simple question - How to get my WS-C2960S-24TS-L switch to forward layer 2 VLAN traffic across a trunk port without a SVI or ip routing configured. I have a Router set as a VTP server, and a switch set as a VTP client connected over a channel-group dot1q trunk link. The switch has no ip routing configured and no SVI. It has received the VLAN info from the router and I have assigned a switchport into a VLAN and added a host, I gave the host a static IP in that VLAN subnet and cant ping the default gateway for that VLAN on the router.

I would post my config but I don't think that is the issue, I think I am missing a core concept here. I have made sure all links are up and double checked everything from that perspective.

Last edited:
post your configuration

I think there is a need that you post your configuration. Then I would know more.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!