What's new

leds brightness

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

TheLyppardMan

Very Senior Member
The brightness of the leds on many ASUS models is very bright. It would be better if the leds were less bright and the labels underneath them had more contrast with the black background to make them easier to read. While it's obviously not possible to change the labels, am I right in thinking that there is also no way to change the light intensity of the leds (by sort sort of custom script) other than to turn them off?

The LED intensity is not controllable.

The brightness of the leds on many ASUS models is very bright. It would be better if the leds were less bright and the labels underneath them had more contrast with the black background to make them easier to read. While it's obviously not possible to change the labels, am I right in thinking that there is also no way to change the light intensity of the leds (by sort sort of custom script) other than to turn them off?

Just give it some time they dim with age.

While it's obviously not possible to change the labels, am I right in thinking that there is also no way to change the light intensity of the leds (by sort sort of custom script) other than to turn them off?
Nope. The bright LED issue has been asked and commented on before. Its either On or Off for the LED's. Personally I just turn the LED's off on the RT-AX86U Pro. Or one could cover them up with tape to hide them or reduce their intensity.

There is an LED script one can use to control on/off.

Nope. The bright LED issue has been asked and commented on before. Its either On or Off for the LED's. Personally I just turn the LED's off on the RT-AX86U Pro. Or one could cover them up with tape to hide them or reduce their intensity.

There is an LED script one can use to control on/off.
amtm has that fully automated, even uses local sunset/sunrise time if you select it.

Possible solution:

1703449085655.png

Someone made a review of this technology:

:cool:

I've used those things before. A bit fiddly to affix but once done, they work very well. I still have some left in one of my cupboards, so I might give it a go, but for now I'll disable them in the GUI.

amtm has that fully automated, even uses local sunset/sunrise time if you select it.
Yes, I've used that before, but I found that rebooting the router for whatever reason, sometimes messed up the schedule.

This is 3rd or 4th router for @TheLyppardMan on 5th or 6th firmware change. LED lights are no issue. :)
They are if they are in an area that needs to be dark at night time. Why they have to make them so bright in the first place I'll never understand. On a previous router they used dim blue lights, which were much better in my view. Anyway, I simply asked a question and as it's already been answered, there's no need for you to comment any further.

Just depends on how they're aimed/mounted and your viewing position.

I would suggest this is a non-issue.

Just got a used (10-months old) AX86U Pro and noticed some LEDs are noticeably brighter than the rest. Is it normal?
Yes it's normal that all of the front LED's are very bright on the RT-AX86U Pro. I also use a RT-AX86U Pro, commented on this earlier in the discussion (see post #4) about it. I just turn off the front LED's via the router GUI. Read through the other posts to see what others have done (like using stickers or tape).

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!