What's new

Let's Encrypt Error on RT-AX88U Latest firmware

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Asus has confirmed that the issue exists and will provide a beta firmware soon and later a final release on support site.

Reactions: AFC
so there is new firmware(41700) and nobody took the time to see if this fixes the let's encrypt bug?

thanks. good to know.

i do not have it enabled but perhaps give it a try (to get rid of that not secured message)

A tip on Let's Encrypt...if this bug resurfaces again, there is a potential workaround. If you have a Linux system, you can grab certbot and renew SSL certs through the command line. You can then save the output files (the certs themselves) and choose to "import your own certificate" from the DDNS tab in the web UI. It's not the easiest nor the most ideal solution, but it does work. Used to do it every few months in the past when Let's Encrypt was broken in older ASUS firmwares.

Immediately after a dirty flash of 386.1 beta 5, I got a pop-up notification that my LE cert renewed and verified it on crt.sh. After 3 months pass it would always get stuck authorizing.

This took no extra processing on my part. I didn't delete my jffs/.le directory or my domain folder inside of it. I had been doing that every few months to get it renewed again.

Not sure if related, but I wonder if this had anything to do with their cross signed certificate expiring: https://letsencrypt.org/2020/11/06/own-two-feet.html

Last edited:
In the last few days, I've had this bug that kept attempting to Authorize but never succeeding. So I tried exporting a cert then doing an import. While that process was straight forward, I think I found a bug. When importing, it applied the cert to the default IP address of the router not the current address. My current address is: 192.168.2.1. It applied the cert to 192.168.50.1.

So with this bug, how do I apply the cert to 192.168.2.1?

Attachments

• LetsEncrypt Bug.PNG
    LetsEncrypt Bug.PNG
    16.2 KB · Views: 112
In the last few days, I've had this bug that kept attempting to Authorize but never succeeding. So I tried exporting a cert then doing an import. While that process was straight forward, I think I found a bug. When importing, it applied the cert to the default IP address of the router not the current address. My current address is: 192.168.2.1. It applied the cert to 192.168.50.1.

So with this bug, how do I apply the cert to 192.168.2.1?
Here is what I'm getting in my logs. As you can see, this is happening every 5 min.

Mar 7 06:55:00 RT-AC86U-1BD0 rc_service: service 24999:notify_rc restart_letsencrypt
Mar 7 06:55:15 RT-AC86U-1BD0 rc_service: skip the event: restart_letsencrypt.
Mar 7 07:00:00 RT-AC86U-1BD0 rc_service: service 399:notify_rc restart_letsencrypt
Mar 7 07:00:16 RT-AC86U-1BD0 rc_service: skip the event: restart_letsencrypt.
Mar 7 07:00:41 RT-AC86U-1BD0 uiDivStats: Stats updated successfully
Mar 7 07:05:00 RT-AC86U-1BD0 rc_service: service 12278:notify_rc restart_letsencrypt
Mar 7 07:05:15 RT-AC86U-1BD0 rc_service: skip the event: restart_letsencrypt.
Mar 7 07:10:00 RT-AC86U-1BD0 rc_service: service 20374:notify_rc restart_letsencrypt
Mar 7 07:10:15 RT-AC86U-1BD0 rc_service: skip the event: restart_letsencrypt.
Mar 7 07:15:00 RT-AC86U-1BD0 rc_service: service 28443:notify_rc restart_letsencrypt
Mar 7 07:15:15 RT-AC86U-1BD0 rc_service: skip the event: restart_letsencrypt.