What's new

Limiting router to certain countries only & brute force attack protection

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

HammondCZ

New Around Here
Good afternoon gentleman,

I´m absolutely new to this topic and I would like to ask you about setting my router. I managed to flash my Asus RT-AC68U to Merlin frmw version 386.4 and also set up Skynet firewall.

1) What is the most effective way to ban incoming / outcoming traffic from certail countries?

2) How to protect my router from Brute force attacks, please? Is there way to limit attempts?

Thank you in advance for your time and help.

Hamm

You'll have to read the SkyNet threads/documentation to confirm this, but I seem to recall that there is a way to stop queries from your network to certain countries in the settings. as far as stopping those countries from finding your router/network/devices, someone else is better qualified to answer.

Why are you concerned with your router/network being Brute forced? look for potential holes in your network and plug them, only permitting traffic in and out that you deem necessary. (Hint: IoT devices are notorious security liabilities)

Confirmed, I have Skynet running with a long list of blocked countries in the blacklist option.