What's new

Link to the last n66u SDK5 firmware?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

gechu

New Around Here
Can someone provide a link to n66u firmware 3.0.0.4.276? I.e. the last sdk5 firmware.

The firmware may be ancient, but I'm just looking for range, and the n66u will only be used as an AP to connect a couple of IoT devices on the outside.

There is no link to Asus official firmware that old. A firmware that old is full of security issues. You could do a search for

john9527

fork firmware he had a old SDK5 build for the N66 but not sure if it's still available. Good Luck !!

Thanks for your reply @det721! Out of curiosity, in in what way could an AP in a local network be vulnerable to security issues?

Out of curiosity, in in what way could an AP in a local network be vulnerable to security issues?
I think there have a been some WiFi vulnerabilities that have been patched since that old release came out. KRACK and Kr00k come to mind, maybe FragAttacks as well.

Of course whether it's realistic that someone with the appropriate skills and motivation would be within reach of your WiFi signals to perform such an attack is another question.