What's new

Linksys e4200v1 vs ea6300

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

rumnyc

New Around Here
I have these two routers. In one apartment I need the best range and in other location I don't care too much about range but will use the USB dlna features to stream mkv videos over a wired connection to a TV from a hdd connection to the USB slot. I am thinking about using the ea6300 where I will use USB since it has USB 3.0 and use the e4200v1 where I need better range (all devices are N).

anything else to consider?

I think you right in going with EA6300 for the USB 3.0. I think you would get good range with either one on the 2.4 ghz channel. The EA6300 might get a better connection since it has beamforming+.

does anyone know if e4200v1 and ea6300 use the same dlna server (twonky?) and if there are any other differences for DLNA features between the two routers?

They are both the same, Twonky version and (features, detections; etc..)
I have both E4200 and EA6300,
EA6300 has limited disk detection, the E4200 detects more disk.
If you want a good DLNA server I am running Tomato on my E4200.

Chris

I'm newbie here. Please help to choose a new router for Tomato. Have been using ea200v2 and considering the ea6300 for VPN Tomato setup.

Went through quite a number of forums but seems no clear blessing for ea6300.

Thanks.

They are both the same, Twonky version and (features, detections; etc..)
I have both E4200 and EA6300,
EA6300 has limited disk detection, the E4200 detects more disk.
If you want a good DLNA server I am running Tomato on my E4200.

Chris

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!