What's new

Linksys EA6300 Advanced Multimedia AC1200 SMART Wi-Fi Wireless Router Reviewed

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

ordered mine from NCIX US (on sale for $100) on the 15th and still got a v1.
arrived 2 days ago, been using it since yesterday.
anyways, I just tried to flash mine with EA6400 firmware too, didn't get any errors. it seemed to be successfully updated and rebooted but router model still shows EA6300.

30sws9k.jpg

range is better than my backup router (Linksys E2500) but worse than my main router (buffalo WZR-HP-G300NH). still trying to decide if I should keep this EA6300 or return it and get the Asus RT-N66U :p

BTW: does anyone have this problem with a unnamed broadcast with this router? I have this unnamed SSID on the same channel as my EA6300 SSID. if I change channel, the unnamed SSID changes to that channel too. guest access is off so is WPS. Can't be 5GHz because my laptop doesn't support 5GHz

been testing:
15qdhja.jpg

can't recommend this router :(

Last edited:
BTW: does anyone have this problem with a unnamed broadcast with this router? I have this unnamed SSID on the same channel as my EA6300 SSID. if I change channel, the unnamed SSID changes to that channel too. guest access is off so is WPS. Can't be 5GHz because my laptop doesn't support 5GHz

been testing:
15qdhja.jpg

its the simple tap feature i was wondering the same thing when i received mine it can be turned off it run an unbroacasted ssid

an i saw a video here which its seems might be the actual ac1200 version instead of ac1600 6400 version becuse the 6400 version had a different box with green instead of that red/purple color on the box in the vid
pic 1 v1 for sure
pic2 maybe v2
this routers ok i bought it for $90 but the range is kinda poor
not sure about the v1 and v2 stuff just assuming

Last edited:
What process did you use to update?

ordered mine from NCIX US (on sale for $100) on the 15th and still got a v1.
arrived 2 days ago, been using it since yesterday.
anyways, I just tried to flash mine with EA6400 firmware too, didn't get any errors. it seemed to be successfully updated and rebooted but router model still shows EA6300.

30sws9k.jpg

range is better than my backup router (Linksys E2500) but worse than my main router (buffalo WZR-HP-G300NH). still trying to decide if I should keep this EA6300 or return it and get the Asus RT-N66U :p

been testing:
15qdhja.jpg

How did you flash it? Just downloaded it and did manual update and opened the file from your computer or from USB?

BTW, I just ordered from NCIX too, out of curiosity did yours originate from NY, CA, or Washington state?

I'm out on the East Coast, but for some silly reason they shipped mine from Washingston State! It's taking a whopping 13 days to arrive!!!

---

As for unnamed/hidden ssid, I thought it wasn't possible with the current firmware. I could be mistaken though.

When you assess range, I suggest that you consider not just the signal strength at the client device, but also the signal strength at the AP/router. Or if that's not displayed, the average connection speed to the client, for a few minutes.

How can I create a dedicated vpn, for example, for Netflix?

Thanks.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

I just found a new firmware has been released. Has anybody tried to update?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

I just downloaded the fw for the ea6400 from linksys and flashed my ea6300v1 with it. Everything went fine.

I have the only fw listed on their site. I haven't checked in a week.

I noticed a new firmware file is available on the Linksys site for both 6300 and 6400.

Firmware
05/20/2014

Ver.1.1.40 (build 160989)

Did anyone try to install the 6400 on the 6300v1?

I noticed a new firmware file is available on the Linksys site for both 6300 and 6400.

Firmware
05/20/2014

Ver.1.1.40 (build 160989)

Did anyone try to install the 6400 on the 6300v1?

I don't recommend mixing Linksys firmware's for different models as a rule. Thanks for the heads up about the newer firmware for these models.

No difference. The firmware for the ea6300v1, ea6400 and ea6700 are all three the same.
Tim's own review here even says the ea6300v1 and ea6400 are the same.
I just sold mine this weekend. Was tired of waiting for lynksys to release a new firmware.
This recent release was only the second one since the router came out.

No difference. The firmware for the ea6300v1, ea6400 and ea6700 are all three the same.
Tim's own review here even says the ea6300v1 and ea6400 are the same.
I just sold mine this weekend. Was tired of waiting for lynksys to release a new firmware.
This recent release was only the second one since the router came out.

If you check the Linksys web store, they don't even list the EA6300 anymore. That product was ditched and replaced with EA6350.

I purchased a Belkin router that Belkin doesn't even know about. I wonder who is in charge of these companies.

Sent from my LG-D800 using Tapatalk

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!