What's new

Linksys EA9200 Throughput Help

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Just Mark

Occasional Visitor
I have used this router for a year or so as the gateway to my internet service without issue. I recently upgraded my service to a tier that is 200Mbits on the downstream and discovered that I cannot get any more than 94Mbits down through the EA9200 with my direct wired computer. I am quite surprised as this was Linksys's top end home router until just a month ago.

I thought that the wired ports were Gig Ethernet. Am I missing something? Does anyone have a suggestion for a router that can handle the throughput?

After looking at the LAN/WAN throughput chart on this site, I'm going to guess maybe I have a flaky cable. I will swap it out this evening when I get home and see if that helps.

I have used this router for a year or so as the gateway to my internet service without issue. I recently upgraded my service to a tier that is 200Mbits on the downstream and discovered that I cannot get any more than 94Mbits down through the EA9200 with my direct wired computer. I am quite surprised as this was Linksys's top end home router until just a month ago.

I thought that the wired ports were Gig Ethernet. Am I missing something? Does anyone have a suggestion for a router that can handle the throughput?

Check your modem as well - older ones might only be 100Base-T and that'll hold you back a bit ;)

Also, as you mentioned, the some modems were very sensitive to ethernet cable quality, and even if the modem and router both supported GiG, they would negotiate a 100Base-T connection..

Just to complete the story, the problem was finally solved by a hard reset of the router and re-configuring it. Shrug.

Just to complete the story, the problem was finally solved by a hard reset of the router and re-configuring it. Shrug.

Linksys - meh, it happens...

Happens with most others as well - a reboot cleanses the soul sometimes...

Kinda weird the way it acted. Had to do a factory reset to get it to work correctly. I would assume that it was the ports only negotiating 100 vs gig but wireless to wireless was also slow as I started really digging into all that was being effected. In hind site, this may have been going on for a couple of weeks as file transfers have seemed a little slow.

May not have looked into it for a while longer if I hadn't upgraded my internet service.