What's new

Linksys EA9500 V2 Specs

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Does anyone know which online retailer is definitely selling the V2? Bestbuy are still selling v1.1.... :(

According to Linksys support, their USA online store will begin selling V2 of the EA9500 "at end of October"

EA9500 V2's are now available for sale on ebay.com, have ordered one for delivery to UK. Really intrigued to see how it compares to my Netgear X10 for 2.4 & 5ghz wifi range.

EA9500 V2's are now available for sale on ebay.com, have ordered one for delivery to UK. Really intrigued to see how it compares to my Netgear X10 for 2.4 & 5ghz wifi range.

I purchased one last week and two days later they cancelled my order saying they were out of stock!
I also was following three other auctions that all had multiple bids on each listing that were ended early, they were listing item's they didn't even have!
Now there are only buy it now with best offer, the auction that I won was for 242.50, the really bad part is I can't even leave a negative feedback until Tuesday because they are a powerseller (wtf).

The ebay seller I bought it from (advance_performance_shop) is definitely selling V2's - as the side of the box clearly states "Quadcore CPU".

The ebay seller I bought it from (advance_performance_shop) is definitely selling V2's - as the side of the box clearly states "Quadcore CPU".
And the good thing with Ebay is if they say it is a version2 and you get it and it's not Ebay will step in!
so your pretty safe.
There are only four sellers now and they are all buy it now or best offer @ 324.00+ with free shipping.
Which is still cheaper than Worst Buy (best buy) 349.99 on sale reg. 399.99 and I know the worst buy near me only have the version 1

Last edited:
I thought I read somewhere that Linksys Locked them down ???

Yes. It will not support openvpn or third party firmware like dd-wrt.

I already new it would never see open source firmware before I purchased it !!

I thought I read somewhere that Linksys Locked them down ???

The EA's are pretty locked down - that being said, they have done some work with openvpn, so check with current firmware.

In my experience though, Linksys consumer stuff is about inbound, not outboud (client), and it's a bit broken there.

The EA's are pretty locked down - that being said, they have done some work with openvpn, so check with current firmware.

In my experience though, Linksys consumer stuff is about inbound, not outboud (client), and it's a bit broken there.

Yes you are correct sfx2000, I've seen over at the Lede project forum some success with OpenWrt on the EA9500 v1.0/ v1.1 via a serial cable connected to the router.

But I've yet to see anything with the 9500 version 2, but with the limited amount of units in the field at this time I'm not surprised, so time will tell.

But I will say this the EA9500 v2 is very stable for me so far, been up and running error free for over a week, and wireless signals are good as well as upload an download speeds.

version 2 is a completely different hardware architecture if I remember correctly.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!