What's new

Linksys EA9500 V2 Specs

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

I think v2 uses pretty much the same WiFi chip and CPU as the Asus GT5300.

According to Linksys support, their USA online store will begin selling V2 of the EA9500 "at end of October"

I just bought one off of the USA online store it was a version 1 or 1.1 I did not open the box. On the outside of the box it said dual core I returned it too Linksys.

I just bought one off of the USA online store it was a version 1 or 1.1 I did not open the box. On the outside of the box it said dual core I returned it too Linksys.
Sorry to hear that, but if you really want a EA9500V2 then buying it off ebay.com is your only option - for now at least.

I am currently testing this router vs a Netgear.

Time will tell which one wins.
Which Netgear model are you testing the EA9500V2 against?

Compared to the Netgear R9000 (X10), i'm finding the 5ghz range on the EA9500V2 slightly better with the added bonus of an extra 5ghz radio. 2.4ghz range is more or less the same. On the downside the Linksys firmware isn't quite as feature rich as the fw on Netgear or Asus models. Overall I'm very happy with my EA9500V2 and have sold the Netgear R9000.

32130761_1804130119649706_6962994928666279936_n.jpg

True, the back of V1 and V2 are different but an easy way to spot a V2 from purely the outer packaging is that it will say "1.8Ghz quad-core processor" on the box.

I am currently testing this router vs a Netgear.

Time will tell which one wins.
So how did the EA9500V2 stack up against the Netgear in your tests?

is there now a dealer who can deliver the v2? thank you for your help. not to be found in Germany.

The likes of Amazon are still selling v1.1 and the V2 seems to be impossible to get hold of on ebay now.

However they seem to be widely available in Asia (known as EA9500S - same as V2):

https://www.lazada.sg/products/link...42.searchlist.list.10.22f829d08rYEtw&search=1

The above retailer will NOT deliver to addresses outside Singapore but you could use something like snapmail.sg to order it from the above website and get it delivered to Germany or anywhere in the world. The EA9500S is priced at USD 276 from Lazada so a pretty good price.

Btw I'v now had my EA9500V2 for ~ 6 months and its the best router I've ever owned. Its basically the Asus GT-AC5300 but without the bugs :)

is there now a dealer who can deliver the v2? thank you for your help. not to be found in Germany.
Just an update, amazon.com now appears to be selling V2's of the EA9500 only and they ship worldwide - I ordered one for delivery to UK (for a family member) and got a V2 :) IMHO its still the best ac class router out there for speeds and stability.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!