What's new

Linksys Re-launches WRT32X Gaming router

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

dont know if you have anything to do with draytek modems and router but they have just about the best overall gui package but cost quite a bit
Never seen any Draytek device here in Canada.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

lol and thats got to be a good thing

i see tp link has also started to change its gui with the release of the c3150 v2

now if we can just get netgear to rejig that slow as gui and improve its feature set thing would be on a much more even playing field

I wonder why the netgear GUI is so slow to load some pages, as when viewing the CPU usage, it is still very low while loading a page. Is there just some kind of scripted delay, or is there some other reason behind it?

Anyway, with the WRT1900acs, I find the UI to be horrible, it is confusing and missing lots of features. While DD-WRT works okay, it performs slower in terms of WAN to LAN performance. The VPN functions are also more annoying to set up.

Last edited:
Netgear's Broadcom units are pretty slow in the GUI, the new test UI they had out was much much faster and modern looking, it's been delayed and I'd like to think my severe criticism and samples of other people's UI art work I sent as examples of what's better is finally being taken into account from their response lol, In addition I told them I didn't think the UI matched the stealthy look/branding not to mention lack of available options vs Asus and others in the UI. The Qualcomm units oddly enough are pretty decent UI speed wise, it's not like the Broadcom cpus are turtles so I don't know why the difference.

Last edited:
AFAIK the WRT32x is base on an OpenWRT build and has SSH console access.

Can someone confirm? Mine hasn't arrived yet.

Pretty sure most routers are OpenWRT based with some proprietary add ons and UI changes by manufacturers. Feel free to correct me if I am wrong. Netgear uses OpenWRT Attitude Adjustment as a base I think.

Last edited:
Pretty sure most routers are OpenWRT based with some proprietary add ons and UI changes by manufacturers. Feel free to correct me if I am wrong. Netgear uses OpenWRT Attitude Adjustment as a base I think.
Not AFAIK.

It's been confirmed the WRT32x has SSH access Port 22 username root and password that was set in the WebUI.

Code:
ls /etc/config
ddns      dropbear  krouter   network   pptpd     samba     siproxd   ubootenv  upnpd     wireless
dhcp      firewall  linksys   openvpn   rpcd      sambuca   system    uhttpd    usbconf

There doesn't seem to be a package repo attached yet.

Depends on manufacturers and models. Netgear's Broadcom models are based on Broadcom's SDK, for instance. Asus originally forked from TomatoUSB for all their models.

Thanks for the clarification RMerlin.

Linksys uses their own code - closest relative in the alt firmware scene would be DDWRT, which is an evolution of the old WRT54G GPL code base...

AFAIK the WRT32x is base on an OpenWRT build and has SSH console access.

Can someone confirm? Mine hasn't arrived yet.

They might have rebased on OpenWRT, but looking at past GPL drops, they've pretty much kept their own code alive...

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!