What's new

Loaded 384.19 Alpha on RT-AX58U

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

JWoo

I am always keen to try new things. :) I loaded 384.19 Alpha on my RT-AX58U. After flashing a dirty flash from 384.18, I could access the Internet but I could not connect to the router. I reset the router manually, and manually flashed my config settings. Then everything was working fine. Thanks @RMerlin as it is fun to experiment with these new releases. What is actually in it? Oops I guess I should have known that before flashing. Anyway it seems to run good after the reset of the router. Is this release picking up the latest GPL Version 3.0.0.4.384.9354??

And were did you get 384.19 Alpha don't see it in the test build folders.

It was on the server this morning and downloaded it. It is removed now. The only "bug" I have seen so far is that you cannot do a dirty flash as if you do a dirty flash you cannot connect to router from 192.168.1.1 or whatever IP address you have defined in settings. Otherwise all good so far.

I removed it because I found out I forgot to merge the updated root Makefile from the 9354 GPL, so some of the newer build options (like the Captcha) weren't properly enabled. There's a newer build there now.

Thanks! Just flashed the new one. Appreciate the new GPL as it seems like it has a lot of bug fixes from Asus.

Just installed 384.19 Alpha 1 did a factory reset. All is working well, very happy to see Merlin and the AX58U right up to date with Asus stock.

Thank you @Merlin for the very fast turn around using GPL 9354. :D:)

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!