What's new

Locked myself out

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

n0x0n

Occasional Visitor
I want ssh to be only accessible from the inside plus from a certain outside IP range.
I added an IP restriction and ticked "ssh", but now seem to be locked out of my router:
I can no longer access my router via the web interface, nor via ssh from the inside (which seems logical since I forgot to add that range first), nor via ssh from the outside (which is logical too, since I had set sshd to LAN instead of LAN+WAN).

How can I resolve this?

I'd like to try that as a last resort, as it would mean that my whole day configuring the device would be lost...

Are you familiar with shell script?
You could disable the access restriction by way of modifying one of the AB-Solution start files on the USB device.
You'd need a Linux box to plug the device in tough.

Ah, nice idea, sounds like this could work. Yep, I'm in a linux-only household :)
So I''d take the micro-sd card out, mount it and alter ... which one and in which manner?

I'm about to hit the hay, I'll post instructions in the morning.

Was up early and made a reset, thank you anyway.
I got " --> Entware device change detected" when running AB-solution, but paths were corrected.
Strange, as I have verified that the microsd is mounted in the same place as before, it has a label... any idea why this happens?
The dnsmasq config was also not OK, but I finished re-installing AB-solution and entware, now everything owrks as designed :)

Last edited:
Was up early and made a reset, thank you anyway.
I got " --> Entware device change detected" when running AB-solution, but paths were corrected.
Strange, as I have verified that the microsd is mounted in the same place as before, it has a label... any idea why this happens?
The dnsmasq config was also not OK, but I finished re-installing AB-solution and entware, now everything owrks as designed :)
I have no idea what changed on your end, it checks the Entware path and if not found, finds and changes all necessary files, especially in /jffs/scripts.

Glad it works now. With access restriction set, start the AB-Solution UI, this will add a rule set for pixelserv-tls IP automatically.