What's new

Login failures - ssh to Orbi

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Vipz

Occasional Visitor
What would cause the Orbi (RBR50) to reject logins via ssh? While I've had no issues accessing it via ssh before, suddenly as of this morning trying to login using the same credentials kept causing an "Access denied" error. I know it wasn't a password issue because the password worked fine via the WebGUI.

I forced the router to reboot from the WebGUI but it did not help. To make sure that it wasn't just something glitchy with the Putty client on that one PC, I'd also tried logging in via ssh from another PC with still spit out the "Access denied" error after the password was entered.

Ultimately, from the debug.htm web page, I enabled telnet and tried again using Telnet instead of ssh - this succeeded. Following that successful login, I was able to login via SSH again correctly as well.

Not sure if anyone else has experienced this issue, but am wondering what would cause it to get into this state. Any ideas?

Not sure if anyone else has experienced this issue, but am wondering what would cause it to get into this state. Any ideas?
I did, and what you described is exactly what I do everytime enable telnet from debug.htm and after it works again. Never reported it because is an easy fix, interesting enough, it never happens in my satellite.

I did, and what you described is exactly what I do everytime enable telnet from debug.htm and after it works again. Never reported it because is an easy fix, interesting enough, it never happens in my satellite.

Thanks for the confirmation Keridil. Glad to hear I’m not the only one :)

Easy fix...yes, but just annoying why it happens. I wasn’t sure if my attempting to login from a new ssh client triggered the problem but it seems to be working fine for now.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!