What's new

Logitech Alert 750 & Asus Routers Incompatibility Issue

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

P

Pir8pete

In the beginning I owned a RT-N66U "Dark Knight" Router and the Logitech Alert 750C Surveillance system they worked 100% together out of the box.

Over the past few years I've upgraded to the RT-AC66U then the RT-AC1900P and then tried the new RT-AC86U using the latest firmware Version 3.0.0.4.382.16466 available with no luck.

What I've noticed is that "ever since" switching from the N66, compatibility has been getting worse between these two devices. I find this odd as a plugged in ethernet device with no settings to configure.

Now I really wanted to upgrade the main household router to the new RT-AC86U for it's faster Wi-Fi and USB port for a connected HDD but as I explain below I'm not able to unless I scrap the Logitech Alert 750C Surveillance system. :/

NOTES:
-Logitech Alert 750C Surveillance system worked flawlessly with the N66.
-With the RT-AC66 the Logitech system wouldn't show up as connected if the router was rebooted, odd but OK.
-Same with RT-AC1900P, I need to power cycle the Logitech system after the router was already powered on and booted up.

Now with Asus newest router RT-AC86U it doesn't matter what I do it will not show up as a connected device, so I had to reinstall the RT-AC1900P till I figure this out.

I have decided to make this thread and see if anyone has found a solution?, I can't be the only one pairing these devices together!
I'm also going to contact Asus support router_feedback@asus.com and see what they have to say but I'm sure I'll just get a canned response if any. I'm not scrapping a perfectly good surveillance system that costed over $400

Below is my setup; the AC1900P / Logitech Alert 750C Surveillance system.

Last edited by a moderator:
If your device has a static IP, make sure it's in the correct subnet.

no static ip settings for the base that plugs into the router. It's just an auto detect in the firmware

it never shows up here?

just showing that it's working with the AC1900P

connection is almost 100% through the electrical from the base to the camera

again connection is almost 100% through the electrical from the base to the camera

firmware on the base and the camera is all up to date

I see you use 6-7 days long leases, which is a tad long. Your device won't request a new lease for up to 6 days, so if you make any network change, you have to manually power cycle your client devices to get them to obtain a new lease. Otherwise, yes, they won't appear on the lease table until their existing lease has expired - which is normal.

I see you use 6-7 days long leases, which is a tad long. Your device won't request a new lease for up to 6 days, so if you make any network change, you have to manually power cycle your client devices to get them to obtain a new lease. Otherwise, yes, they won't appear on the lease table until their existing lease has expired - which is normal.

yeah I just set this the other day. before that I always just left it default.

The Logitech system finally decided to show up on the DHCP table, not that it matters. On the RT-N66 it would show it's host name too, now it's just a star *
Same for my brand new high end Blackvue 650S dashcam, it just shows *

I returned the RT-AC86U back to best-buy yesterday.
I might buy it again and try and figure this out but keep the AC1900P running so ppl in the house don't get upset while I troubleshoot.

I found the issue;

With new routers Asus now has the starting DHCP pool @ 192.168.50.2 where is use to be 192.168.1.2
Seems like the Logitech doesn't like anything other then 192.168.1.xxx for it to connect

Still doesn't explain when the AC66U and AC1900P routers reboot I'll need to cold boot the Logitech after it posts. Only the N66U was 100% out of the box and the new AC86U is fine as long as you change the DHCP pool

Just putting this out there to help any1 else stuck trying to figure this out

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!