What's new

Logon is automatic - Don't want

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

izak

Occasional Visitor
Hello. I have put a user name and password into my RT-N66U. After working in it for a session, I log out. However, the next time that I access it via the IP from my local machine, it just gives me access without requiring the logon information. How can I change it so that it requires a logon each time I access it and also can I assign a timeout so that logon sessions expire?
Thanks!

Update: I have firefox set to NOT remember passwords for this site, but that still doesn't help. Once I log in, it remembers and auto logs on. The only way that I can force a logon is to delete the history file. Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks.

Update: I have firefox set to NOT remember passwords for this site, but that still doesn't help. Once I log in, it remembers and auto logs on. The only way that I can force a logon is to delete the history file. Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks.
Hi,

Why do you not simply close the browser to make the it forget the login? :rolleyes:

This was already discussed serveral times in the forum: A small search would give you instantly the answers! :eek:

With kind regards
Joe :cool:

The way web browser authentication works, genereally once you log in you will stay logged in as long as the browser is running. Closing all browser windows should make you "log out".

Hi,

Why do you not simply close the browser to make the it forget the login? :rolleyes:

This was already discussed serveral times in the forum: A small search would give you instantly the answers! :eek:

With kind regards
Joe :cool:

Thanks for putting your manners first!
I did search, but didn't find the answer.

The way web browser authentication works, genereally once you log in you will stay logged in as long as the browser is running. Closing all browser windows should make you "log out".

Yes, that works. I was closing the window, but closing ALL browser windows is the answer.
Thanks so much.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!