What's new

Looking for a small AP that runs on 12v that has at least 1 Ethernet port that can be bridged via WiFi AC.

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

BigBillsd

Occasional Visitor
Hi, I had good luck here finding a gig switch that runs on 12v on this forum, so I am back looking for an AC Access Point also runs on 12v. It needs to be able to bridge via WiFi AC bands and have an Ethernet port that I can plug in a switch to share the network across that WiFi bridge to the Internet. It will connect via AC WiFi to a Pepwave Max Transit (MT) that provides cellular internet for our Motorhome while traveling.

Yes, pulling Cat-6 cable will eventually bubble up to the top of the todo list, but its a long way off. Today I have a couple TL-WR902AC Travel Routers that run on 5v and I want to get rid of the buck converters. The MT will replace one of them and I am looking for the replacement for the other one that's 40' feet away. -Bill

PS. It turns out Bridging is called WiFi Extender on that hardware. It works, and I am not connecting to the WiFi on that AP.

I have still not found a 12v AP. Any ideas?

GL-Inet B1300...

GL-Inet B1300...

Its Specs say its 5v not 12v.. Do you know something different?

Ah, when I clicked on its hardware page it actually went to a different device for some reason, it did it again when I just went there. You are correct, its 12v. Thanks, Bill

JFYI. That router is 12v and it works great, even has an available wall mount! Currently its setup as a 5 Ghz AC bridge. Working well! Thanks sfx2000. -Bill

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!