What's new

looking for AiMesh pure gaming

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

yamin2000

New Around Here
hi
a friend told me that GT-AX11000 is better ping than RT-AC86U or RT-AX88U .is that correct ?
i will need it for better ping only .i have asus motherboard by the way.
and later i will buy AiMesh
i saw youtube video recommend buying 2# RT-AC86U one as main the other as mesh but not sure about better ping.

thanks

Better ping... Ah, the quest for whatever gamers desire! Well, it is likely that the router has no or minimum effect on ping.
Ping to cloudflare.com from my AX laptop results in a 7 ms ping
Ping to cloudflare.com from my AX86U router results in a 6.465 ms ping.
not much of a difference
The AC86U is a heck of a good router! The AX86U is better. I'd avoid the AX88U as it has lower performance than expected.
AS for AiMesh the recommendation is to use mesh nodes in the same technology as the router. I.O.W. with an AC router use an AC node. I am testing an AC86U AiMesh node with my AX86U router. All the older clients connect to the node just fine but those I have set to use WPA3 will not connect to the node. The solution is to just use WPA2 on the router and nodes but I choose not to do this.

Last edited: