What's new

Looking for the most reliable sub-100$ AC router with 4 x gig ethernet and 1000mbps+ wifi bandwidth.

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

daslolo

New Around Here
Hello everyone,

I have a WRT-1200ac which has been working wonderfully for years but for the past 3 month started dropping devices for a few seconds so maybe it's time for a new one.

Here are the requirements:
4x gig ethernet ports with good throughput
1x USB3 port, fast file sharing from a mechanical drive that could get upgraded
ideally higher than 70MB/s at 30', this WRT's cap at this distance.
supports 17-20 devices
easily prevents devices from accessing the web, our robo vac is denied
per-day wifi schedule, ours shuts off at night but weekend gets more leaway
reliable out of the box
if wifi6, ability to turn off wifi6

And to calibrate my hunch, what do you think of the netgear R6700 and motorolla ac2600?

Thank you.

1613955290721.png

it looks like only one channel is being use, that's in fact lower than my wrt1200 and I thought the 1300mbps on the B1 specsheet is 2x channels. what is that number in reality and what's the practical throughput to be expected, per device. is there a way to break the 1gps barrier in this protocol?

44 is the center channel.

You need a client with 3 antennae/3 streams to get better than 866 Mbps connection.

44 is the center channel.

You need a client with 3 antennae/3 streams to get better than 866 Mbps connection.

what does center channel mean?
the Asus RT-AC66U_B1 has 3 antennas and "3x3" which I think means 3 streams up and down
EDIT: "client" - gotcha! the intel ax200 that's inside the laptop is 2x2 so it looks like I'm stuck with 866mbps unless I switch to ax

Last edited: