What's new

Looking for Wifi 6 USB or Thunderbolt adapter

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

henry999

New Around Here
Speaking of WiFi 6 clients ... does anyone know of a dongle that provides ax functionality by connecting to the computer through USB (3.0, 3.1, 3.2) or perhaps Thunderbolt? I've looked high and low but maybe not in the right place(s). Or maybe it's still too early? TIA.

There have been no Wi-Fi 6 USB adapters and it is likely there will not be any for 6E. The market is apparently too small for chipmakers to prioritize making a standalone USB device.

There have been no Wi-Fi 6 USB adapters and it is likely there will not be any for 6E. The market is apparently too small for chipmakers to prioritize making a standalone USB device.

I do see the opportunity for a USB3 adapter at some point... and I wouldn't be too terribly surprised if it were Realtek...

Not that I know anything ;)

I do see the opportunity for a USB3 adapter at some point... and I wouldn't be too terribly surprised if it were Realtek...

Not that I know anything ;)
I note your March 9, 2023 'News' posting in regard to the Netgear AXE3000; not that you seem particularly impressed by it ... :)

I note your March 9, 2023 'News' posting in regard to the Netgear AXE3000; not that you seem particularly impressed by it ... :)

Just noted that there is now a USB solution out there, as not all computers can accept a M2 or Mini-PCIe card for an upgrade.

Having that USB option isn't a bad thing, and gives people some flexibility.

(USB solutions also tend to "stey around for a while" - I still have an ancient Asus USB-56AC adapter, it still serves as a perfectly usuable WiFi5 card, even without all the Wave 2 special sauce)