What's new

Looking to replace ASUS 1900p

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Dazman

Occasional Visitor
I’ve been having issues with this router on the 2.4Ghz band, plus this band is slow 30-50Mbps. It will also just stall at times so I just did a factory reset and installed Merlin’s latest firmware to see if that resolves the connection issue.

In the meantime, I figured I’d look for a replacement.

Any ASUS router suggestions?

Thanks!

I’ve been having issues with this router on the 2.4Ghz band, plus this band is slow 30-50Mbps.

May be change in Wi-Fi environment related. Newer routers won't improve much your 2.4GHz band. I did tests with 3 generations Asus routers and 2.4GHz band is almost the same as range and speed - RT-AC66U, RT-AC68U, RT-AC86U. Newer routers have much better 5GHz performance though.

Thanks to you both for the responses.

I was initially checking out the ASUS AX86U, but since it’s WiFi 6 I didn’t think I could take advantage of all the features.

I just got an AX86U and am really liking it. My last ASUS router was an AC68U, and I missed Merlin’s firmware (or even stock) when I switched.

Well guys I just hooked up this router and it more than doubled my 5Ghz speed. Very nice and thanks again.

How about firmware, anyone using Merlin’s?

There are similarly named AC68U, AC86U, AX68U, AX86U models. Double check the firmware file before you update.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!