What's new

Low wan speed AC-68U

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

ferdinandpc

Occasional Visitor
Hi, my ISP upgrade my speed connection to 600/600 and with the AC-68U the top speed is 350. With the isp router take 600 without problems. The CTF is enabled and the QOS and traffic monitor are disabled.

Hi, my ISP upgrade my speed connection to 600/600 and with the AC-68U the top speed is 350. With the isp router take 600 without problems. The CTF is enabled and the QOS and traffic monitor are disabled.

Interesting I am not sure what the AC-68U is actually capable of I guess someone will tell us?

if its a high speed connection like fiber the AC 68u can't do pppoe gigabit very well so you will only get low speeds from it some of asus routers can't do gigabit pppoe very well

and it will struggle on a fiber or high speed connection

Last edited:
I also have an RT-AC68U, I am running mostly at defaults. My service from my ISP (Comcast) is rated for 500 down/15 up. I am getting 600/18 in my last speedtest.
Probably different for 600/600?
Not sure if this helps any, I'm no expert. Hopefully someone with way more knowledge than me will respond and help you.

Attachments

• aaspeed.jpg
    aaspeed.jpg
    42.4 KB · Views: 344
The AC68 running alone can download at 778Mbps. Added services can slow it down. See this chart from another section of the Small Net Builder forums. Thank you, Tim; your tests are valuable!

Clarification?
  • "ISP Router" - 600 Mbps over Ethernet, wireless or what?
    • I'm going to "guess" you're getting 600 over Ethernet?
  • "AC-68U" - 350 Mbps over Ethernet, wireless or what?
    • I'm going to "guess" you're getting 350 over wireless(?) which, according to the @dlandiss link, is very reasonable.

Last edited:
Clarification?
  • "ISP Router" - 600 Mbps over Ethernet, wireless or what?
    • I'm going to "guess" you're getting 600 over Ethernet?
  • "AC-68U" - 350 Mbps over Ethernet, wireless or what?
    • Going by subject line I'm going to "guess" you're getting 350 over wireless which, according to the @dlandiss link, is very reasonable.
All test are over Ethernet.

Maybe the lack of FA is the problem.

I don't have that on my router. Is your "AC-68U" a DSL- model? We've been assuming you were talking about the RT-AC68U. Or are you using IPTV?
Yes, is the RT-AC68U the version with 1ghz CPU speed.

Yes, with other routers like R7000 or RT-AX88U have the maximun speed.

Finally I found the problem, the fu***g windows. If try with linux there is full speed, but in windows the top speed is 330mb/s. It's time to format

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!