What's new

Lyra firmware 3.0.0.4.384.45891 (2019/05/13)

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

This update did more harm than good for me. AiMesh nodes aren’t keeping connection even on Ethernet backhaul. I had better connection on the previous firmware. Not sure if my backhaul via an unmanaged switch matters. I think I need to restore the old firmware because this is crap.

I was considering one of these because of cost vs RBK50, not so sure.

After resetting for the third time it’s working like before. M
I set up the main node then each node wirelessly and then wired the Ethernet backhaul to it. I allowed it to boot and connect fully before adding the third node (wait for the cyan light) and did the same thing. Just make sure NOTHING is connected to each node as it is being set up - I had a computer hooked up to the LAN port on one of my nodes before. I set it up using an iPad instead of going through the web interface on my laptop. It’s been stable so far today.

It shouldn’t be this finicky to set it up after a firmware update. I got it for $150 at frys last year, which is probably what it’s worth.

I've given up!

I'm using 3 Lyra AC2200 with 1 as master accepting the wan, second port is going to a 5 port gigabit un-manged switch, both remote Lyra’s also connect to local un-managed switches for NAT hard-drives, TVs, games consoles etc.

All works well up-to the point we sometimes notice wireless devices fail to switch over to the local node and therefore experience drop in connection, turning wi-fi on and off on the phone will usually help correct this, so was happy to see the new firmware appear
Kind of the whole reason for investing in these in the first place!

Initially updated to the new firmware through the app, the settings remained but both remote lyra nodes failed to show anymore in the app or webpage and any device connected to the remote lyra has no internet connection, even though the LED on the Lyra is Green?

After power recycling the remote lyra nodes again and again after countless full resets to all nodes, nothing connected right, they appear to setup initially when adding the remote node into the network then fail to show in the app is connected afterwards, connect Ethernet back-haul and the LED turns green on the remote node but they fail to show from the web page or app with or without devices connected,

Even removed all hardwired Ethernet devices so Backhaul is only Lyra to Lyra without success and tried with only wifi connection

I had some success by reloading firmware version 3.0.0.4.384_45122 to the main lyra, then it would setup both remote nodes and they appeared to work ok though the remote lyra firmware is still running on the new version 3.0.0.4.384_45891.

In interests of stability I rolled both remote nodes back to 45122 as well.

To roll a remote node back not a simple task either.

Hold reset of the remote node, wait until its turned white.

Connect laptop directly to the lyra SSID

Open setup webpage 192.168.1.1 etc

Setup a new temporary SSID and password.

Wait for the Lyra to reboot and connect to the new wifi SSID

login with the new credentials, select manual setup of internet connection to get to the admin page

where you can load firmware to roll back to the previous version

https://dlcdnets.asus.com/pub/ASUS/...30.633074370.1558714817-1170293942.1548827571

Do the same to all your remote nodes and bam your back in business

So much of easy updates though the friendly app...grrrrh.
Will try again with the next version or find something else and sell these on ebay

I've given up!

I'm using 3 Lyra AC2200 with 1 as master accepting the wan, second port is going to a 5 port gigabit un-manged switch, both remote Lyra’s also connect to local un-managed switches for NAT hard-drives, TVs, games consoles etc.

All works well up-to the point we sometimes notice wireless devices fail to switch over to the local node and therefore experience drop in connection, turning wi-fi on and off on the phone will usually help correct this, so was happy to see the new firmware appear
Kind of the whole reason for investing in these in the first place!

Initially updated to the new firmware through the app, the settings remained but both remote lyra nodes failed to show anymore in the app or webpage and any device connected to the remote lyra has no internet connection, even though the LED on the Lyra is Green?

After power recycling the remote lyra nodes again and again after countless full resets to all nodes, nothing connected right, they appear to setup initially when adding the remote node into the network then fail to show in the app is connected afterwards, connect Ethernet back-haul and the LED turns green on the remote node but they fail to show from the web page or app with or without devices connected,

Even removed all hardwired Ethernet devices so Backhaul is only Lyra to Lyra without success and tried with only wifi connection

I had some success by reloading firmware version 3.0.0.4.384_45122 to the main lyra, then it would setup both remote nodes and they appeared to work ok though the remote lyra firmware is still running on the new version 3.0.0.4.384_45891.

In interests of stability I rolled both remote nodes back to 45122 as well.

To roll a remote node back not a simple task either.

Hold reset of the remote node, wait until its turned white.

Connect laptop directly to the lyra SSID

Open setup webpage 192.168.1.1 etc

Setup a new temporary SSID and password.

Wait for the Lyra to reboot and connect to the new wifi SSID

login with the new credentials, select manual setup of internet connection to get to the admin page

where you can load firmware to roll back to the previous version

https://dlcdnets.asus.com/pub/ASUS/...30.633074370.1558714817-1170293942.1548827571

Do the same to all your remote nodes and bam your back in business

So much of easy updates though the friendly app...grrrrh.
Will try again with the next version or find something else and sell these on ebay
I was having trouble like you and have my second port on the primary going to an I managed switch. Are you using the aimesh or the built in Lyra mesh?

Here’s what I did: reset all devices and set network up again. Set up main node and set up the second node wirelessly for aimesh - don’t use the Ethernet port to set up. Once the second node is set up, wait for the cyan light to show the nodes are communicating then plug in the Ethernet cable. Wait for the second node to turn green. Now do the same with the third node, do not use Ethernet to set up aimesh. Plug in Ethernet after the aimesh node is set up. Mines been up and running for almost a week now without hiccup. I usually have the less off but have been keeping an eye on them and it’s been solid green!

I was having trouble like you and have my second port on the primary going to an I managed switch. Are you using the aimesh or the built in Lyra mesh?

Here’s what I did: reset all devices and set network up again. Set up main node and set up the second node wirelessly for aimesh - don’t use the Ethernet port to set up. Once the second node is set up, wait for the cyan light to show the nodes are communicating then plug in the Ethernet cable. Wait for the second node to turn green. Now do the same with the third node, do not use Ethernet to set up aimesh. Plug in Ethernet after the aimesh node is set up. Mines been up and running for almost a week now without hiccup. I usually have the less off but have been keeping an eye on them and it’s been solid green!

Thanks very much for the advice, I'll give it one more go next weekend, no Ethernet plugged in at all with them just sat side by side in one room, walls are too thick to reach with a strong enough signal to allow setup to continue otherwise.
I glad to hear you have them working :)

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!